OHV Camping near San Diego

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Hey all, I’m wanting to take my family for an overnight camping trip soon and I really want to take the Jeep on some easy trails (37’s on stock JLU Sport) to get to some campsites. I’m looking for recommendations. Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Hey all, I’m wanting to take my family for an overnight camping trip soon and I really want to take the Jeep on some easy trails (37’s on stock JLU Sport) to get to some campsites. I’m looking for recommendations. Thanks in advance!!
Anza-borrego desert park has some really good trails, from easy to black diamond. Right now it's a bit on the hot side, but come winter you can find many places to camp and wheel.

OP
OP
Surfwagon

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Anza-borrego desert park has some really good trails, from easy to black diamond. Right now it's a bit on the hot side, but come winter you can find many places to camp and wheel.
I was looking at the reserve California site and I’m not sure if I need to reserve a drive in spot. Do you know how that works, or which site I need to pick if I want to wheel into it?

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I was looking at the reserve California site and I’m not sure if I need to reserve a drive in spot. Do you know how that works, or which site I need to pick if I want to wheel into it?
You just drive and see an open area and take it.
I did see one actual campground there up on a shelf that the scouts had taken, but the open area's are so much better, if you are prepared for no facilities.

Otherwise check out Palomar Mountain, several sites around there and probably cooler.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
The majority of camping in anza-borrego is considered dispersed camping. This means no services. However it you look at the anza-borrego website you will see a couple of more developed campgrounds. I personally prefer camping away from people. It all depends on what you are looking for.
Sponsored