First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Another reason to move out of this boring state. I'm so close.
Hey man it’s not completely boring in Ohio. They do make Wranglers there after all!!!!!

OP
OP
GreyFox

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I moved from Cincinnati a few years ago to Charlotte (Queen City to Queen City :)), and I have to say that I do NOT miss those winters and the accompanying salt nastiness. These mild winters are amazing, but I can empathize with you. I do miss Skyline and Frisch's though...O-H!
Lol I-O

OP
OP
GreyFox

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
You live in Ohio?

I'm so sorry.
It's not too bad really lol. It's actually in a good location. Next to Canada. Not far from the Smokies. We actually have four seasons. But, I would love to move back to Maine or down to Gatlinburg:like: But I'm an actual nut at heart:rock:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Move to the Great State Of Texas. Bigger and Better !! Gotcha Colder Panhandle! Gotcha Small Mountain Range Big Bend! Gotcha Hill Country Mid-State! Gotcha West Texas Midland (Dusty) Lubbock (Flat/dusty) Oh Hint STAY the F away from those!!!!! Gotcha Gulf Coast (Humid as F...)
And then you have the Great NORTH TEXAS! Nice milder winters ( Some Snow ) Brandy NO Brine! Really Beautiful Mild Spring/Fall/Winter days to go Topless !!!!
Gotcha Blazing ASS Hot Summers !! I could live without that BS !!!

SO BOTTOM LINE COME ON DOWN AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE JEEP WAVE AS MY ASS IS DRIVING BY YOU GOING TO MOUNTAINS AND SNOW WHEN I RETIRE (62). BORN TEXAN AND PROUD OF IT BUT MY ASS WILL BE IN MOUNTAINS REST OF MY DAYS!!! :rock: :handsinair: :jk:

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
So, those of us that live here deal with this crappy brine that ODOT puts on the roads because (insert whatever). I heard from my brother that ODOT is switching up the brine this year for one that is cheaper by 25%-30% BUT it is known to cause severe rust issues. Ohio knows this and they are choosing to still put this on the roads. I have both my Jeeps LineX'd but I'll make sure to wash the underside of the Jeeps more often now.

I just wanted to let my fellow Ohioans (and anyone traveling thru Ohio) know that the brine formula is changing :no:
Vermont is suppose to be a hyper green state. Everyone is an environmental freak, and yet they spread so much salt,youd think the roads were maintained by the Morton company !:facepalm:

Last edited:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So, those of us that live here deal with this crappy brine that ODOT puts on the roads because (insert whatever). I heard from my brother that ODOT is switching up the brine this year for one that is cheaper by 25%-30% BUT it is known to cause severe rust issues. Ohio knows this and they are choosing to still put this on the roads. I have both my Jeeps LineX'd but I'll make sure to wash the underside of the Jeeps more often now.

I just wanted to let my fellow Ohioans (and anyone traveling thru Ohio) know that the brine formula is changing :no:
Well as they say, "As Ohio goes, so goes the nation" or something to that effect........

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Move to the Great State Of Texas. Bigger and Better !! Gotcha Colder Panhandle! Gotcha Small Mountain Range Big Bend! Gotcha Hill Country Mid-State! Gotcha West Texas Midland (Dusty) Lubbock (Flat/dusty) Oh Hint STAY the F away from those!!!!! Gotcha Gulf Coast (Humid as F...)
And then you have the Great NORTH TEXAS! Nice milder winters ( Some Snow ) Brandy NO Brine! Really Beautiful Mild Spring/Fall/Winter days to go Topless !!!!

SO BOTTOM LINE COME ON DOWN AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE JEEP WAVE AS MY ASS IS DRIVING BY YOU GOING TO MOUNTAINS AND SNOW WHEN I RETIRE (62). BORN TEXAN AND PROUD OF IT BUT MY ASS WILL BE IN MOUNTAINS REST OF MY DAYS!!! :rock: :handsinair: :jk:
It’s not humid in Houston it’s just moist. Like when you walk in when someone is taking a shower. That’s pretty much why outside feels like. Good for the skin, sucks when it’s 100.

OP
OP
GreyFox

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

We said brother. Well said :like:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not humid in Houston it’s just moist. Like when you walk in when someone is taking a shower. That’s pretty much why outside feels like. Good for the skin, sucks when it’s 100.
When Dallas has Humidity at 60 % with Dew Point 75% its suffocating heat. Houston is far worse!! :whew: Have Family there and growing up as kids went every summer and couldn't wait to come home. :whew: :rain:

I go back to what I said NORTH TEXAS Mild Spring/Fall/Winter !!! Sorry, my fellow Texan. I stay away from your Houston. ;)

What is Humidity?

First, let’s take a look at what humidity actually is. Humidity is the measure of atmospheric moisture (water vapor) in the air. Water vapor can’t be seen but it can be felt.

10 Most Humid Cities in the USA.

# 9. Houston. Average relative humidity: 78 percent. Houston Chronicle

Sponsored

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

I have thought of moving to Texas but a lot of the Fruits and Nuts have already transplanted from the formerly Golden state. That has me second guessing that move. I sure don't miss the snow, salt, and sand though. Wisconsin didn't use brine when I grew up there. My sister lives in Ohio, she wants to move back to Wisconsin...

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A good product to neutralize these "salts" is "Salt-Away"( Google it) developed for the marine and aviation sector to eliminate corrosion. West Marine sells it, listed under "Maintenance ".
Mix with water, spray/ flush everything to dissolve "brine", salts etc.
I use it in the Spring, then have my vehicle "Rust Cop" treated.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
When Dallas has Humidity at 60 % with Dew Point 75% its suffocating heat. Houston is far worse!! :whew: Have Family there and growing up as kids went every summer and couldn't wait to come home. :whew: :rain:

I go back to what I said NORTH TEXAS Mild Spring/Fall/Winter !!! Sorry, my fellow Texan. I stay away from your Houston. ;)

What is Humidity?

First, let’s take a look at what humidity actually is. Humidity is the measure of atmospheric moisture (water vapor) in the air. Water vapor can’t be seen but it can be felt.

10 Most Humid Cities in the USA.

# 9. Houston. Average relative humidity: 78 percent. Houston Chronicle
haha, my comment was made in humor. Our heat is horrible when the dew point is high.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vermont is suppose to be a hyper green state. Everyone is an environmental freak, and yet they spread so much salt,youd think the roads were maintained by the Morton company !:facepalm:
So true
Sponsored