Sponsored

Offset and Backspacing?

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
Like all Jeep owners, I will be changing out the wheels and tires on my 2021 JL once I take delivery. I am a bit confused about the offset and backspacing as in what I will need. I will be adding a 3.5" MetalCloak lift and would like to run 37s. I would appreciate any help on correct wheel specs so I do not rub. I would like my tires to sick past the fender some. Thank you for your support.
Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I would start by having a talk with Metal Cloak. They should be able to tell you which options work best with their lift kits.

BTW, not all Jeep owners change their wheels and tires. Some prefer the way a stock Jeep drives. Secondly, stock Jeeps tend to experience better mileage than lifted Jeeps.

It all depends on what you like:like:

Remember to come back and post before and after pictures. We love to see those.

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
Like all Jeep owners, I will be changing out the wheels and tires on my 2021 JL once I take delivery. I am a bit confused about the offset and backspacing as in what I will need. I will be adding a 3.5" MetalCloak lift and would like to run 37s. I would appreciate any help on correct wheel specs so I do not rub. I would like my tires to sick past the fender some. Thank you for your support.
I wish I could answer that. I’m also getting a 2021 and plan on the MC 3.5 lift and want to run 37’s. I intend on running stock Rubi fenders and liners. I feel like 4.5” backspace is the safe answer. I’d like to go 4.75 or 5” if someone can post they are successful with that.

OP
OP
breakerbaker

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc