MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This group has moved over to using the app ‘slack’ for coordinating. I’d say it is active. Members of the group seem to get out every few weeks. Would be great to get all the newly interested people using it as well.
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Need some advice. I am looking into lifting my Jeep. I called some shops and they all were recommending or pushing different things.

Highcountry 4x4 and Bullhide 4x4 both recommended running a Teraflex ST 2 with Falcon 2.1 shocks for my Moab. Northridge said they can do what ever I like and said Dynatrac, Teraflex and AEV were popular choices. Trail Jeeps set me up with a quote with JKS and Fox shocks.

I’m personally torn between the Dynatrac with Fox Shocks or Teraflex ST2 with Falcon Shocks. I am kinda nervous about the Teraflex because a lot of people on the forums say there stiff. I have no idea what that means. My two previous cars before the Jeep was a modded G35 and then a Audi Q5.

I’m looking for a daily driver setup for with decent handling for 35s but able to tackle some easy trails to medium trails.

I guess any feedback or opinions would greatly help.
I went with the metalcloak gamechanger 3.5” with rocksport shocks. It’s sitting in my garage now waiting for a free Saturday for me to install it. Jeep parts are piling up! I’ve been buying them faster than I’ve had time to install. Have the lift, skids, winch, etc all just sitting there. A bunch of business travel has piled up these last 8 weeks

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
It’s a toss up. For what you’re doing, I’d say Teraflex or MetalCloak. I’m running the MetalCloak 3.5” Game Changer with their Rock Sport shocks and am very happy with it. You could do the 2.5” Game Changer and have plenty or room for the 35’s.

I did the same thing. I talked to all the same shops you just mentioned and got the same recommendations. They all have their personal favorites because who they work with the most. I know after tons of research I found more people happy with the MetalCloak than the Teraflex So that’s why I made my decision.

I personally narrowed it down to Teraflex and MetalCloak.They all said I would be happy with either one and said the ride would be better with the Tereflex because of the shocks. I was going to try the Falcon shocks with the MetalCloak lift but everyone told me not to mix and get the shocks valved for the springs. Makes sense I guess. I’m just not sure what I’ll do down the road when I do need shocks.

Good luck.
I went with the metalcloak gamechanger 3.5” with rocksport shocks. It’s sitting in my garage now waiting for a free Saturday for me to install it. Jeep parts are piling up! I’ve been buying them faster than I’ve had time to install. Have the lift, skids, winch, etc all just sitting there. A bunch of business travel has piled up these last 8 weeks
I really appreciate the solid feedback. I initially was leaning towards the Metalcloak Lift but was talked out of it by one of the shops due to the need for a different driveshaft. I may have to reconsider that as an option. I have read nothing but positive things about the Metalcloak lifts.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
I really appreciate the solid feedback. I initially was leaning towards the Metalcloak Lift but was talked out of it by one of the shops due to the need for a different driveshaft. I may have to reconsider that as an option. I have read nothing but positive things about the Metalcloak lifts.
And that’s why I went with MetalCloak, all the positive reviews and feedback. I don’t recall finding any negative comments. And I’m not bashing Teraflex. They are a great company that makes great products. I’m sure I’d be happy with them as well. Are you sure you need a front drivshaft? I did because I went with the 3.5” lift. You may not need it for the 2.5” lift. I know I was told I could get away with it for awhile if I needed to but would have to replace eventually.

Good luck! Keep me posted on your decision.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This group has moved over to using the app ‘slack’ for coordinating. I’d say it is active. Members of the group seem to get out every few weeks. Would be great to get all the newly interested people using it as well.
I joined the slack app. How do I find you guys?
Greg

Sponsored

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
How do we find the group in Slack? I’m guessing that we can’t necessarily advertise it here?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Time limits had me pay to have it installed, but really it doesn't look bad at all. I'm happy to drive around now, but I think I'd have felt better if I'd waited to install it myself.

Part of the fun is putting it together so take your time and install when you can. You will love it.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I went ahead and got the drive shaft, but it really depends on how much you are going to flex out. If not much, then push the expense until you need it. IMHO

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
And that’s why I went with MetalCloak, all the positive reviews and feedback. I don’t recall finding any negative comments. And I’m not bashing Teraflex. They are a great company that makes great products. I’m sure I’d be happy with them as well. Are you sure you need a front drivshaft? I did because I went with the 3.5” lift. You may not need it for the 2.5” lift. I know I was told I could get away with it for awhile if I needed to but would have to replace eventually.

Good luck! Keep me posted on your decision.
Yeah I spoke to someone at Metalcloak and they said it’s not worth to chance it even with the 2.5.

Sponsored

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
What time on Friday works for you guys? Are you wanting to hit a trail or meet up somewhere in the evening? I am scheduled to work Friday but can take the day off to get out on a trail if that’s what you guys are thinking.

November 1st works best for me
Right now Friday November 1st

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry, potential change of plans. Actually, I don't know that Friday is going to work for me or not at this. I won't know until early next week.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Sorry, potential change of plans. Actually, I don't know that Friday is going to work for me or not at this. I won't know until early next week.
This.

I'll show up to wheel when I can. I did finally join the Slack group so I hope to see you all on the trail. :beer:

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This.

I'll show up to wheel when I can. I did finally join the Slack group so I hope to see you all on the trail. :beer:
How did you join the Slack group? I loaded the app but couldn't find the Denver/Colorado group.

JKNoMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2016 GLA45, 2007 Shelby GT500
Subscribed to this group. Just joined this forum today. I'm in Westminster still driving my built JK for another 1-2 years but I've really got the itch to upgrade to an '18 JL Rubicon.
Sponsored