Sponsored

OEM LED vs Oracle Oculus

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'll have to reach out to oracle and see what they say but other then that these lights are great.
I've read almost every thread and heard concerns of this but haven't heard much long term.
Sponsored

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Does the fog go away or stay in them for an extended period of time? I’m still looking into buying these.

Just installed my Oculus led in my 2020 jlur today and I'm starting to notice fogging in them. Is this normal?

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Just installed my Oculus led in my 2020 jlur today and I'm starting to notice fogging in them. Is this normal?
yes, oracle themselves have noted there will be some fogging after installing because of the difference in ambient temperature between where you live and where they were manufactured. It dissipates in time, I understand. Curious if anyone’s hasn’t yet. I just get a little and live in cold Connecticut. Doesn’t seem to be a huge problem, at least not for me.

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Would you recommend them over stock halogens?

yes, oracle themselves have noted there will be some fogging after installing because of the difference in ambient temperature between where you live and where they were manufactured. It dissipates in time, I understand. Curious if anyone’s hasn’t yet. I just get a little and live in cold Connecticut. Doesn’t seem to be a huge problem, at least not for me.

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Would you recommend them over stock halogens?
Without a doubt. To add additional commentary on the "green hue," I've seen the stock Mopar LEDs in person and those halos seem to emit the same greenish tint. So I think it might just be a function of low-power LED light interacting with the daytime in a weird way. Which would explain why they're just plain white at night.

I LOVE these headlights and the matching 20W high-performance fogs (I got without the halos as per Oracle's suggestion). No regrets at all.

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Excellent! I’ll probably get a set this week.

Without a doubt. To add additional commentary on the "green hue," I've seen the stock Mopar LEDs in person and those halos seem to emit the same greenish tint. So I think it might just be a function of low-power LED light interacting with the daytime in a weird way. Which would explain why they're just plain white at night.

I LOVE these headlights and the matching 20W high-performance fogs (I got without the halos as per Oracle's suggestion). No regrets at all.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Thanks for your purchase and your question! It is totally normal for a fog to form the first time you turn on the lights. After the lights are on for a few minutes, the fog should dissipate. It’s humid here in New Orleans where the lights originate; that ambient air often vaporize in cooler, less humid environments and becomes visible. It dissipates quickly though with the lights left on with no damage to the lights.

Jdeluna81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
It's been over a week now and I can say the fogging appears to have stop! Awesome set of headlights and would definitely recommend them over stock halogens.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Looking to upgrade our Sport S halogen lights and wondering if anyone has experienced both OEM LED and the Oracle Oculus. Specifically which one has better light output and a better beam pattern. I'm leaning more towards the OEM lights right now because it comes with the harness for the halos, but that would also require a Tazer to change the computer. Oracle is much cheaper than OEM route, if they have better light output than I may go with them. Any input would help!
I actually decided to go the OEM route for ~$150 more. I was planning on the Oracle originally but then after watching some driving videos i decided the cutoff was too sharp for rolling hills, etc. and I did not like how dark they looked after the cut off. The tiny bit of light scatter of the OEMs actually looked better to me for my environment and personal preference.

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
It's been over a week now and I can say the fogging appears to have stop! Awesome set of headlights and would definitely recommend them over stock halogens.
Glad to hear, we made corrections to eliminate moisture in the production area to prevent this inconvenience in the future.

I actually decided to go the OEM route for ~$150 more. I was planning on the Oracle originally but then after watching some driving videos i decided the cutoff was too sharp for rolling hills, etc. and I did not like how dark they looked after the cut off. The tiny bit of light scatter of the OEMs actually looked better to me for my environment and personal preference.
Our lights were too well focused and precisely engineered, well that is a first :facepalm:

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Glad to hear, we made corrections to eliminate moisture in the production area to prevent this inconvenience in the future.

Our lights were too well focused and precisely engineered, well that is a first :facepalm:
Ha! Never said they were precisely engineered, but thanks for trying.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
The new Oculus ColorSHIFT Headlights will be available at the end of the month! :rock:

oculus_rgb_colorshift_1024x1024-jpg.jpg

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
The new Oculus ColorSHIFT Headlights will be available at the end of the month! :rock:

oculus_rgb_colorshift_1024x1024-jpg.jpg
Is that standard Oculus color/halos with color-shift option? How does shift work? Too bad I already bought the Oculus haha