Sponsored

Obsessed with red... 100s of red accessories, red parts, red upgrades, red mods & more!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I had blue anodized on my wheels/tires and come time to rotate tires after the winter here and they became part of the stem(literally) could not get them off ...had to use a vicegrip twisting while holding stem. You're in Texas so prob won't be a problem. those fkrs suck! went back to the plastic black ones.
I also went back to the plastic one.
Sponsored

Deadpool_JL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Islander 2.0T Firecracker Red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I had blue anodized on my wheels/tires and come time to rotate tires after the winter here and they became part of the stem(literally) could not get them off ...had to use a vicegrip twisting while holding stem. You're in Texas so prob won't be a problem. those fkrs suck! went back to the plastic black ones.
Use anti seize and shouldnt have an issue.

Sponsored

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
I had the red valve stem caps. I had two of them seize up on the stem and they were a pain in the butt to remove. If you keep those on, put some anti seize on them and save yourself a couple hours of hassle.
Didn't work - I had to grind them off with a dremel type tool ... here's a video on You Tube on how to do it properly.
My advice to anyone who has these fancy anodized valve caps from eBay/amazon and has to drive in winter weather (snow-salt) ... get rid of them before these seize to the valve stem.

My local Jeep dealership quoted me $770 to replace the valve stems/TPMS sensors on all 4 wheels ... what a rip-off !

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My advice to anyone who has these fancy anodized valve caps from eBay/amazon and has to drive in winter weather (snow-salt) ... get rid of them before these seize to the valve stem.
Yep. :lipssealed: Something I had to learn through experience (on another vehicle.)

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get the correct spray paint color and re-paint them?
I'm sure you could. Matching might still be slightly off. But maybe not. The bigger worry would be me mucking them up. Lol.