Sponsored

Red dash?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I don't seem to be able to build a White or Ocean Blue Rubicon w/cloth seats without the red dash? Is this the case? The red stitching is nice but the dash is too much IMO.
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
I looked at a red rubicon today. The red dash is done very tastefully you may change your mind when you see it for yourself.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't seem to be able to build a White or Ocean Blue Rubicon w/cloth seats without the red dash? Is this the case? The red stitching is nice but the dash is too much IMO.
This is correct, the only way you do NOT get a red dash is when you select Tan leather interior. Black regardless if it is cloth or leather gets the red dash regardless of exterior color. Since we only have the option of black cloth then you will always get the red dash when you choose cloth. Maybe this will change in the future if they add tan cloth, but for right now and forseeable future this is the option.

Rubicon is the only trim level that does not offer tan cloth at this time. Sport, Sport S, and Sahara all offer it.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for clarifying. This is certainly not a deal breaker, especially if I don't like it I'm sure someone local with a sport would want to switch.

And like Troy said, I may end up liking it. It is however, making me lean strongly to Bright White rather than Ocean Blue for the paint.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My wifes 15 is white, it grew on me and I like it a lot more now than I did when she picked it at first. My only complaint about it is that she has the premium JK soft top, and it bleeds black pretty bad all over the rear tub where the back windows meet the tub rails and swing gate. It is easily cleaned im not saying its staining or anything, just annoying. Rain, washing it, or even heavy morning dew runoff....black streaks/residue on the rear quarters of the tub/tail gate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I'm ordering the premium soft top so hopefully the new design is much improved but I wouldn't be surprised if that same issue persists.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
My wifes 15 is white, it grew on me and I like it a lot more now than I did when she picked it at first. My only complaint about it is that she has the premium JK soft top, and it bleeds black pretty bad all over the rear tub where the back windows meet the tub rails and swing gate. It is easily cleaned im not saying its staining or anything, just annoying. Rain, washing it, or even heavy morning dew runoff....black streaks/residue on the rear quarters of the tub/tail gate.
My 12 is white. I have to take a clay bar to it every spring to get the rail dust off of it. It takes about 8hr of my time. I hope the JT has a Gobi Tan available at launch or I'll most likely get white again.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I also saw the red dash in person and as much as I want an ocean blue and hated it with a red dash, seeing it in person was a relief because it really is surprisingly kinda subtle. For as much red as there is it has like a flat finish and like stated above is quite tastefully done

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
Is the red dash an insert (like an applique) or an integrated part of the dash? My son likes Ocean Blue but doesn't like the red dash with the blue exterior. I wonder if the dash can be removed and painted body color, or if a shop could wrap the dash in a matching color?

I'm sure some aftermarket companies will be making options soon.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure if the red dash in a Rubicon is a make or break it for anyone, it is probably a simple fix, either with some paint or aftermarket support in the coming months. All reports from folks that have seen it in person are that is it actually very appealing even for exterior colors that may not seem to be a good match.

Sponsored

reddjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
red dash is totally different in person than in pics. when i saw it in pics...i was hesitant to get it. when you see it in person it's pretty sweet. its a darker red as @simpleJL mentioned. i ordered a white rubi...which has red accents here and there...so i think it'll be pretty awesome.

Yo Sam

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Altitude
My only comment to JEEP so far is that buyers should be able to order a dash color matching the exterior. The Sahara dash is better looking in leather or whatever that is. My order is Firecracker Red which kinda sorta matches.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
My only comment to JEEP so far is that buyers should be able to order a dash color matching the exterior. The Sahara dash is better looking in leather or whatever that is. My order is Firecracker Red which kinda sorta matches.
From what I've read in the future that will be an option but for now it's not. That said the red dash looks great IMO. Regardless of body color.
Sponsored