First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Does anyone have an experience with these? My intention is to use both a Scangauge and a Tazer Lite in the same OBD port. Any issues or words of wisdom?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Does anyone have an experience with these? My intention is to use both a Scangauge and a Tazer Lite in the same OBD port. Any issues or words of wisdom?
@rickinAZ

The Tazer Lite does not plug into the OBDll port.

You install the Tazer JL Lite, by disconnecting the 2 cables that plug into the gateway module and then those 2 disconnected cables get plugged into the Tazer JL Lite.. then you marry the Tazer JL Lite to the JL.

As for your ScanGauge ll, now it's cable has one end that does plug directly into the OBDll port, and another end that plugs into the ScanGauge ll, itself.

I'm not sure if the Tazer JL Lite and the ScanGaugell will play well together.... you let us know. 8-)

Just watch that the ScanGauge ll does not wake up UConnect constantly / all night and kill your JL's battery.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
@rickinAZ

The Tazer Lite does not plug into the OBDll port.

You install the Tazer JL Lite, by disconnecting the 2 cables that plug into the gateway module and then those 2 disconnected cables get plugged into the Tazer JL Lite.. then you marry the Tazer JL Lite to the JL.

As for your ScanGauge ll, now it's cable has one end that does plug directly into the OBDll port, and another end that plugs into the ScanGauge ll, itself.

I'm not sure if the Tazer JL Lite and the ScanGaugell will play well together.... you let us know. 8-)

Just watch that the ScanGauge ll does not wake up UConnect constantly / all night and kill your JL's battery.
Well that simplified things. Obviously my due diligence failed me. Thanks again!

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
FYI, I have the original Tazer JL that does use the OBD port. I ended up buying a Y cable so that I could use my bluetooth module as well. It works great.
Sponsored