NOX Sensor availability?

Jazzman65

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Anyone else experiencing a complete inability to get a NOX sensor replaced? I had a CEL starting 3+ months ago and the dealer said a NOX sensor had to be replaced and that was 3 months ago. I know supply chain issues abound, but 3 months to get a sensor? And there are none to be had in all of US?

Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks!
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
That really stinks. Are you able to drive it in the meantime?

OP
OP
Jazzman65

Jazzman65

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That really stinks. Are you able to drive it in the meantime?
Totally drivable, thankfully. Can't tell a difference at all really. Not sure what I'd do if it depended on the part to run.

OP
OP
Jazzman65

Jazzman65

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
From the googles:
In atmospheric chemistry, NOₓ is the term for the nitrogen oxides that are most relevant for air pollution, namely nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide. These gases contribute to the formation of smog and acid rain, as well as affecting tropospheric ozone.

In other news and somewhat off topic, here is a video about ducted fuel injectors that I thought was interesting. They theorize that it will improve emissions so much we may be able to drop DEF and catalytic converters.

(206) Zero Emissions Diesels: How Ducted Fuel Injection can Save the Diesel Engine - YouTube

Sponsored

Teddy B

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0
NOX for my diesel. I think it's related to DEF system, etc.
Which code did you have? P20ee? Ive had a CEL for a week and Autozone tool showed me that code. Dealer cant get me in till mid Sept. Drives fine.

OP
OP
Jazzman65

Jazzman65

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which code did you have? P20ee? Ive had a CEL for a week and Autozone tool showed me that code. Dealer cant get me in till mid Sept. Drives fine.
Mine was P0133, 02 sensor 1/1 Slow Response and P1286, NOx sensor 1/1 Zero Offset Too High. Mine drives fine too. My dealer said the sensor is supposed to be here at the end of August, but I was told the same thing about May, June and July. Good luck!

Teddy B

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0
Mine was P0133, 02 sensor 1/1 Slow Response and P1286, NOx sensor 1/1 Zero Offset Too High. Mine drives fine too. My dealer said the sensor is supposed to be here at the end of August, but I was told the same thing about May, June and July. Good luck!
Oddly enough... i dumped fresh def in it a few days ago. Been driving around with the CEL on... it just went off today...

Jlonz 3.0l

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, 2007 Jeep Liberty, 2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
Electronic Tech
Mine was p225d. The sensor has been on order since May. I got the check engine light on within a week of the software recall update for Def. No issues prior. Had over 98000 miles on Jeep. When towing my camper the light stayed off for the months of June,July.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was p225d. The sensor has been on order since May. I got the check engine light on within a week of the software recall update for Def. No issues prior. Had over 98000 miles on Jeep. When towing my camper the light stayed off for the months of June,July.
You've got 98,000 miles on a 3.0 JL?

You must be leaving on miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jazzman65

Jazzman65

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the flip side, I haven't done the software recall thing, but have the light. Mine has gone off once or twice too, but eventually comes back. The whole time, it runs just fine as far as I can tell.

I still find it hard to believe it's taking that long to get parts though.

Jlonz 3.0l

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, 2007 Jeep Liberty, 2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
Electronic Tech
You've got 98,000 miles on a 3.0 JL?

You must be leaving on miles.
Actually now have 102000 miles on my 3.0l JL. Other than the sensor I have had no other issues. Been a blast to drive and it is awesome at towing my 19 ft Geo Pro.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Actually now have 102000 miles on my 3.0l JL. Other than the sensor I have had no other issues.
👍💯🏆🍺

I have just 10% of your mileage on mine. But LOVE it. A joy to drive.
Sponsored