Nosey neighbor..

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
so how do/would you handle the question w/o looking paranoid ?
I always tell people that’s private information and that they are free to go to Jeep.com and build one to get an idea of pricing. As far as the income question I tell them that it’s a completely inappropriate question.
Sponsored

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
After he came over to see it....I made him get in..."I'm not buying one" his response. 👀🗽
Put it back on them. Ask, why would you like to know. They’ll say, I just want to know. That’s a terrible answer.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
When anyone brings that question up, I say I received a 100,000/dollar bonus and since I really did not need the money I bought a toy to mess around in...the otheritem I was thinking about building a 10ft fence around my property and awaiting permits

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Or just flip the question and ask them how much they paid for their car?? Or say if you have to ask you cant afford one.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I don't think much of this question at all and would easily discuss that with my neighbor, in fact I have both my jeep and his Tesla as well as other cars we have had, I also asked him about an in-ground pool when we were putting that in to help gauge a fair price.

Maybe I'm just rude or it is a regional thing as it really doesn't seem like an odd question to me

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Still got the window sticker? Show him the MSRP and move on.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
While washing my week old JL for the first time my neighbor next door came over to take a look.
But he caught me off guard by asking what I paid...Its not like asking my wife's bra size but I don't think I would ask....and especially since he's not in the market.

Ideas?
You're retired and haven't figured out yet how to answer a nosey neighbor's question? If you follow some of the advice on this forum you'll end up in jail.