Noisy driveshaft

Amby94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Did you ever find out what was causing this noise? My dealer said wait till it gets worse. They won’t cover under warranty because they don’t know where this noise is coming from.
Dealer had to replace clutch pack in rear end. About a $3,000 fix. After 5,000 miles my fluid was black and burnt again. Found a race and bearing bad. After another 5,000 miles my fluid is black again but they are telling me now that is normal. Dont know what to do : /
Sponsored

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
I assume you have the lsd Dana 44 (advantek 220). There is a known issue with them. Oke your vin and I’ll let you know if you have the lsd. ( I am a jeep dealer tech). I’ve had mine replaced twice Same issue. Fluid burnt black. I’d go to another dealer and demand a new diff. It’s no money out of their pocket

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

for the price just switch to the m220 rear with locker and solve all your problems

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
for the price just switch to the m220 rear with locker and solve all your problems
Ha ha, that's something I was looking into when I saw this thread. I believe I'm having the same issue, but it's very faint are hard to hear at times.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i meani have a perfectly good LSD 44 from my sport S sitting in my if someone wants to buy it LOL. I have to admit though i do like using the locker when needed and not having to be on the skinny pedal to get traction to both wheels

Sponsored

Amby94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you have the lsd Dana 44 (advantek 220). There is a known issue with them. Oke your vin and I’ll let you know if you have the lsd. ( I am a jeep dealer tech). I’ve had mine replaced twice Same issue. Fluid burnt black. I’d go to another dealer and demand a new diff. It’s no money out of their pocket

1C4HJXDG3JW133494

Amby94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I now have about 43,xxx miles. I got the clunk noise repaired. It was the gears in the rear end. Drove it 5,000 miles and the fluid was black and burnt. Took it back to dealership. They found a race and pinion bearing bad that probably caused rear end to go bad to begin with. Got that repaired. Drove it 5,000 more miles and fluid is already black again. Now they are telling me the black fluid is normal breaking in new parts. I was told by Jeep customer service to take it to a different dealership so I did. They told me the dealer that done the repairs didn’t clean it properly and recommended I take it back to them since it was a warranty repair. The dealer that done the repair has been very rude, service advisor and his manager. I don’t know what to do at this point. I want it done right. Why won’t they help me and make it right.
Sponsored