First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I'm old and still use an iPod for music in my Jeep. Pretty sure I read on here a while back that someone else was also using an iPod, but a Uconnect update removed iPod compatibility. My Jeep is a 2018 that I got in May 2019 and it has never had a Uconnect update. When I turned it off yesterday it gave me the prompt to update, but I didn't do it. So a few questions:

1) Can anyone confirm that the most recent Uconnect version removes iPod compatibility?

2) I have tried the most recent iPod Classic and Nano with USB. Nano works and is currently what I use, the Jeep says the Classic is not supported on USB. The Classic has Bluetooth. I tried to utilize BT, but I want to leave it plugged in so I never have to take it out of the console. However, the Jeep won't let me plug it in the console USB, but use BT to play music. Any solutions?

3) Can you utilize two Bluetooths at once? iPhone and iPod?

(And don't tell me to get with the times dammit.)
Sponsored

CouchPotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You're not the only one using old-school iPods. Mine's been working fine plugged into the USB under the arm rest in the center console. I'm not going to update if there's a chance it's going to break that.

Reactions: DHW
OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
You're not the only one using old-school iPods. Mine's been working fine plugged into the USB under the arm rest in the center console. I'm not going to update if there's a chance it's going to break that.
Glad I'm not the only one. And yea, I'm not updating mine either. Let me know if you hear one way or the other.

CouchPotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well, as of this morning Uconnect is no longer giving me the option to not update. The entire screen is locked out and displaying a message saying the update is needed and there's only one button - to schedule the update. I can't access navigation or audio controls, and even the steering wheel controls and volume knob on the dash are locked out, so whatever audio volume was last set is what I have to live with.

I was about to leave for a trip so the timing is bad, but it could have been worse. I might have been already on the road when Uconnect locked me out - really bad judgement on the part of whoever at Uconnect decided it was OK to disable the entire system without warning. I have no choice now so I've started the update and I guess I'll find out about iPod support.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Well, as of this morning Uconnect is no longer giving me the option to not update. The entire screen is locked out and displaying a message saying the update is needed and there's only one button - to schedule the update. I can't access navigation or audio controls, and even the steering wheel controls and volume knob on the dash are locked out, so whatever audio volume was last set is what I have to live with.

I was about to leave for a trip so the timing is bad, but it could have been worse. I might have been already on the road when Uconnect locked me out - really bad judgement on the part of whoever at Uconnect decided it was OK to disable the entire system without warning. I have no choice now so I've started the update and I guess I'll find out about iPod support.
I've been getting the same thing the last few days. I know it's too late for you, but just powering off the stereo for a few seconds and then turning it back on gets rid of the message until the next time you shut the Jeep off.

But, let me know what happens after the update.

Sponsored

CouchPotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So far so good after the update. This is a 5th gen iPod (2005) with upgraded hard drive. Everything seems to still work and I can still browse the iPod. Even my offroad pages came back. I know how these things go so I'm not going to count my chickens until I've gone a few days without issues.

Jeep Wrangler JL No more iPod with Uconnect Update uconnect_ipod

Reactions: DHW

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
Interesting...I have been using a thumb drive but just found an old iPod in the drawer the other day.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Well, I guess I'll give mine a shot. Seems like everyone's experience is different with this damn Uconnect. I never lost ORP, nor have I ever had any issues with it. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Sooo does anyone know what this update actually did?
Sponsored