No Jeep waves here :(

eebdel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr
I’m in the very east of Phoenix metro area, Apache Junction and there’s Jeeps all over. On the weekends as we drive south and east towards the mountains which is towards many trailheads, there’s times when nearly half of all the vehicles in long stretches of highway are Jeeps. About half wave and I think the other half can’t raise their arm anymore. Seriously, I think half wave and the others are just distracted with everyday life as they use their Jeeps for every day drivers.
I, too live in AZ...GIlbert area. A good number of people wave.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
The first thing other wranglers notice is your grille, it only costs 35 bucks to stand out. If your front end looks completely stock, you most likely won't even get noticed by modded wranglers.

Only 35 bucks to make a difference! https://amzn.to/2QmtyLX
Jeep Wrangler JL No Jeep waves here :( 91+y2Uy-M5L._AC_SL1500_

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I know when my Jeep was stock, no one waved. Put a lift & tires on, everyone waves. I wave to everyone, regardless of look.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I made a U-turn and hauled ass trying to catch up and wave back but it was too late. :( OP, if that was you on Marcus Blvd., I'm sorry.
And there you go.. that is precisely why people don't wave much in NYC. Although you had good intensions, that person was probably terrified and will probably never wave at a total stranger again. Would you wave at someone on the subway?

Last edited:

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I know when my Jeep was stock, no one waved. Put a lift & tires on, everyone waves. I wave to everyone, regardless of look.
This is so true, we own 2 JLS 1 has 35s and people damn near break their wrists to wave. On the other one that hasn't been lifted yet, waves are down about 80%. See my post titled "Jeep Wave double standard".

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’ve noticed at least 5 times in the last week or two someone in a Jeep flashing me the ok sign, which I think has been co-opted by proud boys among others, kind of bums me out.
Wait.. so you were in your Jeep, and more than once in a week, you got flashed the OK sign... Do you have any kind of flags mounted on your jeep?

OP
OP

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
I was at a T and there was a Jeep on each light. A very nice Sahara on my right - he was looking at my rubi - I gave the two finger wave - he looked away. The lady across from me was in a lifted jk sport - same 2 finger wave. She just kept looking straight. I look like a lunatic. Upper Nassau this time.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
And there you go.. that is precisely why people don't wave much in NYC. Although you had good intensions, that person was probably terrified and will probably never wave at a total stranger again. Would you wave at someone on the subway?
Subway etiquette... and I been on them a thousand times is not that different than The Soup Nazi line......
just move forward minding your business....except for the band that is playing the middle of platform....😎
The Subway gets a bad rap...but it's cool....

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...

Wave? Nah. Dance? Oh hell yeahs.....

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Wave? Nah. Dance? Oh hell yeahs.....
Yeah I have seen that, usually on the #4 train.... Once time saw a dude step in the train wearing a tutu and a tank top, with lipstick and the whole 9. What made it so funny was that the guy as huge like The rock or Damon from Friday. Dude was absolutely huge, I had to go into deep meditation to not start laughing... funnies thing I have ever seen, and it was summer time not Halloween season.

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I’m a native New Yorker. The kind of person who’d run into Debbie Harry at the Forbidden Planet. Learned to drive once I moved to the Midwest and had to pay for driving lessons because none of my midwest friends would trust a New Yorker borrowing their car. I actually enjoy driving in Manhattan - since I only do it about once every two years or so. I wouldn’t expect any Jeep waves in NYC. I get about 67% wave response here in San Francisco Bay Area.
I ran into Debbie Harry two years ago in a Best Buy parking lot 4 miles from my home.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I have seen that, usually on the #4 train.... Once time saw a dude step in the train wearing a tutu and a tank top, with lipstick and the whole 9. What made it so funny was that the guy as huge like The rock or Damon from Friday. Dude was absolutely huge, I had to go into deep meditation to not start laughing... funnies thing I have ever seen, and it was summer time not Halloween season.

Wouldn't it be rude to not laugh? 🤔

I know when I go to all the trouble to wear a tutu and get on the subway, someone better laugh! You know what that kind of stuff does to my, er, ones self respect? Be standin' there all dressed up and get ignored.... MOMMA!!!:crying:

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Wouldn't it be rude to not laugh? 🤔

I know when I go to all the trouble to wear a tutu and get on the subway, someone better laugh! You know what that kind of stuff does to my, er, ones self respect? Be standin' there all dressed up and get ignored.... MOMMA!!!:crying:
Dude... the guy looked as it he was waiting for someone laugh so that he could rip you from limb to limb.... I had to start thinking about dead puppies, and white paper....

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude... the guy looked as it he was waiting for someone laugh so that he could rip you from limb to limb.... I had to start thinking about dead puppies, and white paper....

He just needed a hug... and you turned your back in his time of need. A sad statement of humanity.:giggle:
Sponsored