First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
If they don't respond the standard two finger wave it's probably because their intelligence can't comprehend that much data at one time. Reduce it to a single finger, Palm in, and perhaps they can understand that....just sayin'

PaulN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
👋👋👋👋

Sponsored

OP
OP

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
Hey what part do you live in? Ive noticed in the boroughs when i wave the other wrangler owners are blinded by it🤣. In the island its a different story, almost everyone waves back
I’m in the island. No waves. Was all over Suffolk and south shore Nassau today. Waved to the Jeep’s with no waves back.

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Was down in Florida last week in a rental JLU and went from Tampa to Lakeland to Orlando. Waved at everyone I passed and not one wave back the entire time I was there. Sad!
15098.jpg

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
Here in Monmouth County NJ they're waving.....🥳
I'm in Monmouth too. First time Wrangler owner. 0/6 between yesterday and today on waves. Maybe because mine is new?

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Dude you just describe the driving style of Ling Island to a T. Driving in Long Island is an entire other way of driving. I actually think it worse than NYC. I despise it out there so much that I will not go not for any reason.
I am the same way but with NYC. The Yellow Cabbies and esp the idiot Uber Drivers with TLC plates are simply reckless.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Yes, but the waves are less frequent than other areas in NY. The NYC/LI area has so many Mall Crawler Wranglers on the road, very few wave. Go upstate or out of state where there are fewer on the road, I get a wave back almost 100% of the time. At least that's my experience.
Just keep driving, waving and having fun! :like:
So true! I seen so many Jeeps with those ugly Angry Eyes or an unnecessary winch between Long Island City and Port Jeff. You need to go beyond Port Jeff to meet Jeepers who know what they are doing.

Sponsored

reedred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willy's
I'm on Long Island and have had my Willy's just over a month. At first I was waving at every Wrangler I saw and no one waved back. On day 3, a Black JLU waved at me near my office and it didn't register until we'd passed. I made a U-turn and hauled ass trying to catch up and wave back but it was too late. :( OP, if that was you on Marcus Blvd., I'm sorry.

Now that the novelty has worn off, I've found there are so many Wranglers around here it is tough to wave at everyone. On my commute I see a Wrangler at least once every 30 seconds. The fingers go up if I think about it, but I often have other things on my mind.

Flyernut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
I’ve noticed at least 5 times in the last week or two someone in a Jeep flashing me the ok sign, which I think has been co-opted by proud boys among others, kind of bums me out.

MIAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD,‘02 F-250 7.3, ‘15 Prius, Had 13 JK
I’m in the very east of Phoenix metro area, Apache Junction and there’s Jeeps all over. On the weekends as we drive south and east towards the mountains which is towards many trailheads, there’s times when nearly half of all the vehicles in long stretches of highway are Jeeps. About half wave and I think the other half can’t raise their arm anymore. Seriously, I think half wave and the others are just distracted with everyday life as they use their Jeeps for every day drivers.

eebdel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr
Sponsored