No Jeep waves here :(

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
My excuse is the steering box... dont want to wave and end up flying off the road and into a ditch. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

OP
OP

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
thanks everyone - I still have temp out of state plates on my car - so Iā€™ll keep waving and see if I get any waves back. If not might just stop initiating after I get my NY plates on. If I am filling up gas next to a Jeep - Iā€™m going to start polling them :)

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
thanks everyone - I still have temp out of state plates on my car - so Iā€™ll keep waving and see if I get any waves back. If not might just stop initiating after I get my NY plates on. If I am filling up gas next to a Jeep - Iā€™m going to start polling them :)
You did'nt mention the temp plates....šŸ™„

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
As a new Jeep owner, I havenā€™t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeepā€™s Iā€™ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
Hey what part do you live in? Ive noticed in the boroughs when i wave the other wrangler owners are blinded by itšŸ¤£. In the island its a different story, almost everyone waves back

Sponsored

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Maybe they are all down here in good ā€˜ol Florida! All of the NY plates wave and smile back here for some odd reason...šŸ˜Š
All of those new yorkers in florida are fleeing this awful state.šŸ˜‚

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
I live on the South Shore of Long Island near JFK and always give a fellow wrangler owner a wave. Its usually reciprocated about 1 out of every 3 times. For what itā€™s worth its seems to be the 30 and under owners that are not aware of the customary ā€œJeep Waveā€.
Heyyyy not to get off topic did you post that you got 392 plates with your 392? Im in the south shore area toošŸ¤£ where the meet ups at?

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Heyyyy not to get off topic did you post that you got 392 plates with your 392? Im in the south shore area toošŸ¤£ where the meet ups at?
Iā€™m in the Five Towns - was going to ask you the same question! šŸ˜‰

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have the plates. Still waiting on the 392. Will transfer when it arrives. On hold with Jeep Care now.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
As a new Jeep owner, I havenā€™t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeepā€™s Iā€™ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
That's a NY thing. They are putting on the same game face as you would in the subway "don't smile or make eye contact with anyone as they could be crazy". This is a standard MOP for NY city meaning Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Statin Island and Long Island, and parts of Westchester. I live about 50min outside of NYC on the border of NY & CT. I almost get tired of waving so much up here, but it is a good feeling. Think about it, in NYC your going to wave at a total stranger, doesn't even sound logical.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Long Islander here in a 2020 JLUR (Deer Park to be exact). I get plenty of waves and start plenty too. Where exactly in the Metro area are you? If you are anywhere in the five boroughs then forget it. The drivers are typical obnoxious NYC drivers who want to cut others off just so that they can go wait on the next red light. I wouldnā€™t expect many waves from anyone living in the five boroughs.

Been driving since 2005 when I was 18. To this day, I can never understand what type of bug the NYC drivers have up their ass. They cut others off and then drive even slower for example, merge at the very last moment and dont believe in using blinkers or looking around when changing lanes. The worst are my fellow Indian drivers, esp the Yellow Cabbies and the Uber Drivers. I myself am Indian, born and raised in India till the age of 13. I feel like sometimes stopping them in the middle of road and slap the shit out of the unsafe taxi drivers due to their reckless driving. Too bad that can now get you 25 years in prison after that idiot DeBlasio passed a law.
Dude you just describe the driving style of Ling Island to a T. Driving in Long Island is an entire other way of driving. I actually think it worse than NYC. I despise it out there so much that I will not go not for any reason.

xtraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Yes, but the waves are less frequent than other areas in NY. The NYC/LI area has so many Mall Crawler Wranglers on the road, very few wave. Go upstate or out of state where there are fewer on the road, I get a wave back almost 100% of the time. At least that's my experience.
Just keep driving, waving and having fun! :like:

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
Id be confident to say i get about 20% w the jeep wave. Keep saying im going to stop but cant seem to lol. I live out east on Long Island and the jeep population out here is immense. So maybe people in area just stopped bc its a constant wave even during local errands? Anyhow when i got the jeep I heard all about the wave and sadly there really isnt many waves going on.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude you just describe the driving style of Ling Island to a T. Driving in Long Island is an entire other way of driving. I actually think it worse than NYC. I despise it out there so much that I will not go not for any reason.
Feel same exact way when I hit Queens and get on the Belt Parkway.
Sponsored