No Jeep waves here :(

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
I’m a native New Yorker. The kind of person who’d run into Debbie Harry at the Forbidden Planet. Learned to drive once I moved to the Midwest and had to pay for driving lessons because none of my midwest friends would trust a New Yorker borrowing their car. I actually enjoy driving in Manhattan - since I only do it about once every two years or so. I wouldn’t expect any Jeep waves in NYC. I get about 67% wave response here in San Francisco Bay Area.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
So...you say you live in NY and wonder why no one, not a single person, waves at you? I mean, if you’re saying you’ve not had one “single finger salute” in or around NYC, driving a Jeep, then I’d say you’re just not paying attention.

Rharv

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
I was in nyc with my Jeep not to many waves there New Jersey was ok on the waves in my area I get waves from 90% jl and jt owners and I also get the lifted xj and zj owners

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Is there an easy way to identify a Sahara from the front? If so, I won’t bother to wave at them, as it is mostly soccer moms who don’t wave back. 4 door Rubicons and just about all 2 doors wave back ...

Sponsored

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I’m 12 miles outside the city and the wave ratio is about 40% or so. I drive my Jeep into the city a lot and don’t recall the wave being a big thing - I think city driving is mostly one way anyway and very distracting to begin with.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I agree that part of the issue is the shear numberof Wranglers on the road now. My '02 TJ was perhaps one of 5 or 6 Wranglers in my town back then. Now it's unbelievable the Wranglers we pass on a given day. We still wave weather in the TJ or new JLU, part of the fun of owning one of these.

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Queens/LI driver here. I try to wave at every Wrangler I see but its overwhelming. I also stopped waving because no one can see me behind my window tint.

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
My area, NE Massachusetts, is pretty good with the waves. In fact, when I took a JLUS out for a test drive before buying my JLUR back in early 2019 I got a whole bunch of waves which I was not really ready for, lol.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Take your top and doors off, my waves go up exponentially when I do!

Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Last Jeep was an 01TJ. For the years I owned it, I lived in several parts of the country. Chicagoland, high wave count. South Jersey, high wave count. SoCal, high wave count. I owned it up through the period when the 'unlimeted' trim transitioned from the LWB 2 door to what became the 4 door.

Waiting for delivery of my new JL and had wondered what wave volume would be these days with so many Jeeps on roads. I guess I need a strategy.

I use to always lift two fingers in return to a wave caught with eye contact. I did, however, when I felt like it, fake not seeing waves. Conversely, I would regularly raise four fingers to Jeep builds that caught my eye.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
✌🙋‍♂️🤙

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
I live on the South Shore of Long Island near JFK and always give a fellow wrangler owner a wave. Its usually reciprocated about 1 out of every 3 times. For what it’s worth its seems to be the 30 and under owners that are not aware of the customary “Jeep Wave”.

RIVICON

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2006 Tacoma, 1991 Z28 406ci Turbski
When I got my JL early 2018, I was getting waves left and right in the NYC/LI area. Over the last year its been non existent. Don't know why.
Could be financial stress and wondering how they're gonna pay for that Rubicon 🤷‍♂️

TheConquerorWorm

First Name
Rusty S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, ordered ('21 JLUR)
Occupation
Trouble Maker