Sponsored

Nexen Roadian MTX

ArizonaJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Anyone using these? Been hearing good things, but would like to hear a more unbiased opinion.
Sponsored

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone using these? Been hearing good things, but would like to hear a more unbiased opinion.
I am looking at them as well. The few tire stores out there that carry they rate them high (users) but there are not a ton of user reviews.

I also cannot find out how much they weigh. Specifically the 35x12.5x17 MTX. They are load F which is overkill for rock crawling etc but they should be tough. That said they could also weigh a ton.

I currently have a new set of Yokohama Geolander G003 MTs but they are not balancing well and feel like I am running mudders when on the road. Something is off bc these tires are typically highly rated.

I can return my Geolanders and get a full refund and I may just do it in favor of the Nexen.

All that said I am curious about others experiences.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Bump, maybe someone has them?
I ended up getting a set of the Nexen Roadian MTXs from TireBuyer. 35x12.5x17. 230 miles in and I am very happy with them. 33-34 (cold) PSI seems to be the sweet spot on ride comfort and contact patch.

Will report back once I hit 1000 miles.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
I ended up getting a set of the Nexen Roadian MTXs from TireBuyer. 35x12.5x17. 230 miles in and I am very happy with them. 33-34 (cold) PSI seems to be the sweet spot on ride comfort and contact patch.

Will report back once I hit 1000 miles.
Pics??

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
@rlaracue So, how do you like those tires? How do they perform on and off road? How noisy are they on the highway?

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I have 37/12.5r17. I hopefully will be putting them on in Saturday. Installing my lift then. I weighed the tire. It was 87#. With the dirty life beadlock it is 121#. They roadforce and balanced fine. One needed 6oz weight but it was the best on the roadforce. Go figure lol. The other 4 were 3.5-5oz of weight. I can not comment o. How the ride yet obviously lol. But my buddy who manages a tire store didn’t bash I. Them after we finished balancing them lol. And I didn’t buy them thru him.

7B3254BF-FC28-448C-864D-A4CC2CD70F85.jpeg

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@rlaracue So, how do you like those tires? How do they perform on and off road? How noisy are they on the highway?
Sorry I have not been here in a while. I actually sold the Nexen's back in March of this year. I liked them but I moved up to 37s and went with the Toyo Open Country MTs.

They were great off-road and surprisingly in the snow. The Toyo's MTs are also a great tire.

I may try the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MTs at some point. While I know Mickey Thompson had some issues with older rubber compounds (too hard) & sliding issues I hear the Baja Boss MT and AT are sticky. Noise is the other issue but on the Baja Boss MTs I have heard the normal tire feedback which is usually all over the place. :) Not too bad, only a little louder than my KO2s to wow they are loud.
Sponsored