Newbie tire/wheel question

rrcpa

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hi everyone. New to the boards and new to owning a 2019 Wrangler Sport S.

I leased a pretty bare bones Jeep as I only intend to use it as a second car at a summer home. I do go to the second home all year round as well.

I'm looking to change the look slightly, without going crazy, as it is a lease and don't want to sink too much money into it.

looking for recommendations for slightly larger tires and black wheels that would work with the 2019 Sport S. I don't want to invest in a lift kit. The vehicle wont be used off road, maybe driving on beach at night.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Mangoman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Pharma R&D
You can do 33x 12.50s with Fuel Menace wheels like I did. :)

8F85DC9D-28F1-412C-B555-FC0C1CF92DD7.jpeg

D11B68C0-DBE5-4C07-AAA5-B64D9EA6721C.jpeg

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase

I leased a pretty bare bones Jeep as I only intend to use it as a second car at a summer home. I do go to the second home all year round as well.

I'm looking to change the look slightly, without going crazy, as it is a lease and don't want to sink too much money into it.

looking for recommendations for slightly larger tires and black wheels that would work with the 2019 Sport S. I don't want to invest in a lift kit. The vehicle wont be used off road, maybe driving on beach at night.

Thanks in advance.
Why don't you buy new Rubicon take offs? I'm trying to sell mine with only 500 miles on them. I haven't been able to even get an offer at $1250 dollars and that is for 5 rims, tires, and sensors, factory mounted and balanced. Mine are the "optional" rims that are mostly black. I know you are not going to buy mine because I'm on the left coast as you are on the right, but I'm sure there are plenty available in your area too. I've trying to sell mine on Facebook Market Place, might need to try something else.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6

Thanks in advance.
Theres a guy selling Rubi takeoffs right now in Queens I think.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Why don't you buy new Rubicon take offs? I'm trying to sell mine with only 500 miles on them. I haven't been able to even get an offer at $1250 dollars and that is for 5 rims, tires, and sensors, factory mounted and balanced. Mine are the "optional" rims that are mostly black. I know you are not going to buy mine because I'm on the left coast as you are on the right, but I'm sure there are plenty available in your area too. I've trying to sell mine on Facebook Market Place, might need to try something else.
Could pricing be your problem? Here in Phoenix they go for $1,000 max, more often $750.

Sponsored

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Could pricing be your problem? Here in Phoenix they go for $1,000 max, more often $750.
Yeah, I'm sure I'm asking too much, but the tires alone are worth $1200. It's a tough pill to swallow especially since those wheels were a $1000 option. Truth be told, I like the stock Rubicon rims better.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Yeah, I'm sure I'm asking too much, but the tires alone are worth $1200. It's a tough pill to swallow especially since those wheels were a $1000 option. Truth be told, I like the stock Rubicon rims better.
I feel your pain. Once they're off the truck, the $0 wheels and the $995 wheels somehow are priced the same. Go figure.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Have you posted them here on the site classifieds?
That seems like a fair deal IMO.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
May be able to get more out of the set separating the wheels and tires. I sold my 5 base rubicon wheels for $400 and the tires for $800. Tires went to a guy with a Tacoma and the wheels went to a local wheel place that sells to repair shops. If you separate them it broadens your market. I reused the tpms as I don’t trust aftermarket sensors as much as the factory ones.

WheelsASAP.com

First Name
Kali
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelsasap.com
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro
Occupation
Wheel Guru