New Rubicon for 42k

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
We got tired of the typical bs pricing in FL when looking for my fiancé’s next Jeep so I just went nationwide on auto trader to see what the cheapest Bikini Rubicon I could find and go from there.
Of course it was all the way over in CA but I sent the dealer a request for an out the door price based from their listed price on the website (you know how those go as almost every time it’s 2-3k higher with the shit you don’t qualify for) and he sent me the deal sheet for the price listed and two small up charges (289 for theft registry and 85 doc fee) and we were blown away after getting quoted 1k doc fees here and 1500 for tinted windows, wheel locks and paint protection bs.
The sticker on the one we were looking at was 48k and they advertised at 41,575 but adding the fees plus the DMV fees it was 42,034. Judging from the awesome chart in this section it was about 8% below invoice. We of course have to pay shipping of 1k but even adding that in we still feel we got a better deal then what we could get here plus we got only the options we wanted.
I know I’m going to get comments about how people get them to take the bloated pricing off their deal but you have to negotiate and threaten and bitch but it felt so refreshing to just ask for the deal sheet, write the check and be done.
For those that want to look, their website is https://www.elkgrovedodge.net/ and what is listed is what we paid adding in the small fees. Tom Price was my salesman and he was good people, very responsive and quick to overnight out the paperwork.
Saw a manual trans Rubicon with a hard top on there yesterday for 37k! Where else can you get into a Rubicon in the 30s?!
So now I can get rubicon take off parts as my fiancé upgrades her Jeep lol.

96F27B07-25D1-4EE7-A226-C50E8FBB1DB9.jpeg
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I bought my 2018 JLUR at Elk Grove. I was pretty happy with my deal and overall service. But damn that would be a LOOOOONG drive home to Florida!

20181016_073040.jpg

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Lol yea for sure. I moved from San Jose last year and it was a trip. This is going to be on a truck coming over.
Nice Firecracker Red, that is one of my favs.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sweet! And yes, California limits the dealer doc fee to $85. I think it got raised to that this year because the dealers have to print paper license plates now.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470, 2015 Range Rover Evoque
Thanks for the tip! I'm over in Tampa and looking for just about the exact same vehicle. Did they handle shipping arrangements or did you have to do that? The $1k shipping isn't bad at all considering that's the doc fee at most FL dealers.

Sponsored

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
We got tired of the typical bs pricing in FL when looking for my fiancé’s next Jeep so I just went nationwide on auto trader to see what the cheapest Bikini Rubicon I could find and go from there.
Of course it was all the way over in CA but I sent the dealer a request for an out the door price based from their listed price on the website (you know how those go as almost every time it’s 2-3k higher with the shit you don’t qualify for) and he sent me the deal sheet for the price listed and two small up charges (289 for theft registry and 85 doc fee) and we were blown away after getting quoted 1k doc fees here and 1500 for tinted windows, wheel locks and paint protection bs.
The sticker on the one we were looking at was 48k and they advertised at 41,575 but adding the fees plus the DMV fees it was 42,034. Judging from the awesome chart in this section it was about 8% below invoice. We of course have to pay shipping of 1k but even adding that in we still feel we got a better deal then what we could get here plus we got only the options we wanted.
I know I’m going to get comments about how people get them to take the bloated pricing off their deal but you have to negotiate and threaten and bitch but it felt so refreshing to just ask for the deal sheet, write the check and be done.
For those that want to look, their website is https://www.elkgrovedodge.net/ and what is listed is what we paid adding in the small fees. Tom Price was my salesman and he was good people, very responsive and quick to overnight out the paperwork.
Saw a manual trans Rubicon with a hard top on there yesterday for 37k! Where else can you get into a Rubicon in the 30s?!
So now I can get rubicon take off parts as my fiancé upgrades her Jeep lol.

96F27B07-25D1-4EE7-A226-C50E8FBB1DB9.jpeg
Laura Automotive in Missouri has Rubicon trim for under $40k.

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Thanks for the tip! I'm over in Tampa and looking for just about the exact same vehicle. Did they handle shipping arrangements or did you have to do that? The $1k shipping isn't bad at all considering that's the doc fee at most FL dealers.
No I did the shipping but they recommended a couple people they like. I’ve don’t a lot of shipping so I’m familiar with the companies. I use a guy based out of Modesto that is good. My fiancé is going to take pics of everything on the Jeep to make sure I don’t swap parts with my sport lol

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
So disappointing I just bought one... Sullivan is a bit of a drive but it would have been worth it.
Sponsored