Artenen

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Checked my VIN today for recalls and one just started today about the freedom top bags. Apparently, they are being replaced. The fun part of this equation for me is that my JL didn't come with bags for my panels. Was it supposed to? Full recall bulletin:

JL_Recall_U25_Freedom_Bag-3.jpg
JL_Recall_U25_Freedom_Bag-4.jpg
JL_Recall_U25_Freedom_Bag-5.jpg
JL_Recall_U25_Freedom_Bag-6.jpg
JL_Recall_U25_Freedom_Bag-7.jpg
Sponsored

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
Checked my VIN today for recalls and one just started today about the freedom top bags. Apparently, they are being replaced. The fun part of this equation for me is that my JL didn't come with bags for my panels. Was it supposed to?
yes it was.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Checked my VIN today for recalls and one just started today about the freedom top bags. Apparently, they are being replaced. The fun part of this equation for me is that my JL didn't come with bags for my panels. Was it supposed to?
The bags are very thick , and I folded mine two or three times to make a very thick wedge to put over my rear seat floor hooks . In my 2-door JK I removed and tossed my rear seat at delivery , and moved my spare tire inside , propped against the driver's side , and secured with 2 cargo straps between the rear seat floor hooks , and the upper back of the roll-bar . The steel hooks of the cargo straps , when hooked to the rear seat floor hooks , made a steel hump ; I didn't want my spare to encounter that steel hump . I wanted to allow the spare tire to roll smoothly up to the back of my driver's seat , so I folded the bags to make a very thick wedge to put over them , to protect my spare tire so it won't rest on top of the hooks . The reason I moved the spare tire inside , was so I could mount a trail rack on the back .

wolverine113

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Mine didn't come up with the storage bag but the jeep site doesn't show that recall on my VIN. How do I get the storage bag? Could they have missed some VINS?

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine didn't come up with the storage bag but the jeep site doesn't show that recall on my VIN. How do I get the storage bag? Could they have missed some VINS?
you should have gotten one... I'd go to your dealer, show them this recall and I'll bet they will give you one.
Sponsored