New Mopar Beadlocks for our JLU

Jeep'N

First Name
Venus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I have those wheels with my rings color matched to body color. This is not a very good picture but it gives you an idea of the look. I am replacing the lug nuts with black ones.....just waiting on them to come in.
IMG_9212.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
My rings just got back from paint, wheels & Tires go on tomorrow

beaklockmojito.jpg

jeepjlmonster

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
I am thinking about selling my all black method Wheels. When I do I'm going to get the Mopar wheel that has the ring but not a real beadlock. I don't want the red to match the red on the tow hooks it's to read for me. I'm going to get it powder coating the color of the factor 55 flatlink that I have I was told it has candy in it so I cost a little more but I want the candy red I don't want that bright red the candy red kind of matches the outline on the red Rubicon decal and I like that its not too bright red like the tow hooks
Hey! If your interested in selling those wheeels text me at(970) 708-5045! Thanks!

CHIL24

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite, 2015 Chevrolet Silverado Midnight Edition
After going back and forth on several different wheel options, I decided to go with the Mopar Beadlock capable wheels on my JLU and add a touch of color to them. I had the rings powder coated a dark ruby red and could not be happier. I am sure this is nothing groundbreaking and has been done before, but the color match on these came out perfect and I am stoked on how good it looks. I kept the stock 33" KO2's for now. I'll upgrade to 35's when these wear out.

New Jeep Wheels 3.jpg
New Jeep Wheels 4.jpg
New Jeep Wheels 2.jpg
New Jeep Wheels 1.jpg
Did you have to have the ring sandblasted before powder coating or is the surface good for accepting the powdercoat?

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I want to get those well so bad with the red ring like that I like that I saw one guy that had them powder coated with that anodize aluminum look it was pretty cool and I had a candy in it and look really GREAT

OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Did you have to have the ring sandblasted before powder coating or is the surface good for accepting the powdercoat?
They were blasted first.

Kbarakeh

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have those wheels with my rings color matched to body color. This is not a very good picture but it gives you an idea of the look. I am replacing the lug nuts with black ones.....just waiting on them to come in.
IMG_9212.JPG
Are those 35's or 37's?

toyotafreak65

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Mojito!
Occupation
Working for Jeep parts
IMG_9212.JPG

Did you paint the rings yourself or send them out?
I want to powder coat mine, but I am not sure who to send them to.
can you buy them from a vendor already powder coated?

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Yea, not only that, but when I told them to use OEM valve stems, they said they didn't have any in stock. A dealership with an entire parts department, and no valve stems. It is unbelievable.
FYI, my dealer mounted my bead locks with the valve stems from my Ruby wheel Not a problem at all. Also TPS from my Ruby wheels. Your dealership needs a come to Jesus meeting. Sorry they are trying to gouge you.

toyotafreak65

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Working for Jeep parts
After going back and forth on several different wheel options, I decided to go with the Mopar Beadlock capable wheels on my JLU and add a touch of color to them. I had the rings powder coated a dark ruby red and could not be happier. I am sure this is nothing groundbreaking and has been done before, but the color match on these came out perfect and I am stoked on how good it looks. I kept the stock 33" KO2's for now. I'll upgrade to 35's when these wear out.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Mopar Beadlocks for our JLU beaklockmojito
I have finally worn out the factory set of 33s at 32000 miles. I hated the factory wheels, so I bought 5 35x11.5x17 Nitto Trail grapplers and mopar functional beadlock wheels. I am planning to paint or powder coat my ring in Mojito green to match the body color. I really like the red too. Matches the hooks.

toyotafreak65

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Working for Jeep parts
Wow! It sounds like they are being complete idiots or just trying to milk you for some extra money. These didn't require anything special such as longer valve stems or anything else to get mounted up.
Even today in 2023, I could not find a jeep dealership that could or would install the mopar beadlocks. I had to buy the wheels, tires, tpms sensors and lugs and have them shipped to my house and I will do it myself.
I got to paint the rings first. I am going to mount them as true beadlocks. Its very time consuming, but at least I will know it has been done right.

KsLand

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I have the mopar wheels with the silver rings, I don’t care for the silver look. I am looking into powder coating them black but was wondering if there are any black one I could buy, I’m getting lazy in my old age.
Sponsored