OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Notty what is the spec on those wheels far as offset and how wide are they? I really like the stance on your jeep.
I believe they are +12mm offset.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you happen to know if longer valve stems are necessary for installing these? My dealer has been wasting my time and ended up mounting my 35" KO2's on my stock rims without my permission because they couldn't figure out the valve stems. And now they want to charge me $23 per valve to replace them.
Wow! It sounds like they are being complete idiots or just trying to milk you for some extra money. These didn't require anything special such as longer valve stems or anything else to get mounted up.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Wow! It sounds like they are being complete idiots or just trying to milk you for some extra money. These didn't require anything special such as longer valve stems or anything else to get mounted up.
Yea, not only that, but when I told them to use OEM valve stems, they said they didn't have any in stock. A dealership with an entire parts department, and no valve stems. It is unbelievable.

OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I hope I'm not rude for asking. But I was thinking about doing that same wheel on a silver 2 door Rubi. How much did it set you back to have the rings powder coated to match the red?

OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope I'm not rude for asking. But I was thinking about doing that same wheel on a silver 2 door Rubi. How much did it set you back to have the rings powder coated to match the red?
No problem at all. It was $65 per ring.

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
No problem at all. It was $65 per ring.

Notty, quick question but is there a specific powder coat color you chose that matched so closely? I ask because i'm looking to do this and want as close of a match as possible.

Thanks,
Jeromy

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I am thinking about selling my all black method Wheels. When I do I'm going to get the Mopar wheel that has the ring but not a real beadlock. I don't want the red to match the red on the tow hooks it's to read for me. I'm going to get it powder coating the color of the factor 55 flatlink that I have I was told it has candy in it so I cost a little more but I want the candy red I don't want that bright red the candy red kind of matches the outline on the red Rubicon decal and I like that its not too bright red like the tow hooks

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
They already come painted in silver FYI.
Yes I know that and I want to do them and read the candy apple red like this red but black wheel.so it will look like this with the black wheel but that red

Screenshot_20190116-120410_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190116-121007_Messenger.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes I know that and I want to do them and read the candy apple red like this red but black wheel.so it will look like this with the black wheel but that red

Screenshot_20190116-120410_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190116-121007_Messenger.jpg
And if I get tired of the red I can just go back to black here's a whale that I'm going to be selling all five they only have four thousand miles on them their method Wheels

20180807_140811.jpg

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They already come painted in silver FYI.
Yes I know. I was talking about the Jeep being silver but matching the Red to the Rubicon red trim. Ended up buying a White Rubi off the lot with the upgraded rims. May do the beadlocks further down the road.
Sponsored