Sponsored

New Axle???

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So my rear locker light was blinking and throwing an error code, plus the axle lock indicator in the dash was flashing and because the error code was being thrown the axle would not respond to selecting rear lock. Took it in to the dealer and after a week it was determined that the sensor in the rear end was bad. Supposedly the sensor is a non-serviceable item which requires a whole new axle to fix?!?

The replacement axle is on backorder and will take some time to get.

My response to the dealer was that it’s all well and good that they need to replace my axle. What about the gear set? The gears didn’t cause the sensor to go out. Phone went quiet and after 10 or 15 seconds he said, “I’ll get back to you.”

He hasn’t gotten back to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertsJL

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Update

New axle is in but I hadn’t yet taken the JL to the dealer. The dealer said that even though the non-serviceable axle sensor was bad, the axle was still fine and worked, it just didn’t report to the ECM correctly. Went wheeling over the weekend and at one point I locked in the rear. Axle locked up, but would not unlock. Most likely due to the faulty sensor. Had to drive home chirping around every corner. Fortunately I lived close by.

JL is at dealer now. The dealer is warranting the axle replacement, however the gears are on my nickel. Frustrating. Why in the world would anybody make an electronic sensor in an axle a non-serviceable part?

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
I assume you also have a lift and bigger tires if you regeared and you said you wheel it so I’d say you’re lucky the dealership is even doing the axle repair under warranty..... sad but true

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Can someone please explain the differences with the Rubicon Axles ? If I order a 2020 JLUR with the 4.10 gears (D44 Front and Rear).... and the Trailering Package, which axles am I getting ? If there are any other options that would affect any variables, please ask.....

Do I get the ......

210 FBI ?
200 RBI
220 RBI EDL
220 RBI T/L ?

Sorry if this is pretty straight forward, but I figured I'd ask......

Thanks !

Chris

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Can someone please explain the differences with the Rubicon Axles ? If I order a 2020 JLUR with the 4.10 gears (D44 Front and Rear).... and the Trailering Package, which axles am I getting ? If there are any other options that would affect any variables, please ask.....

Do I get the ......

210 FBI ?
200 RBI
220 RBI EDL
220 RBI T/L ?

Sorry if this is pretty straight forward, but I figured I'd ask......

Thanks !

Chris
You’ve got a 210 front and 220 rear. Idk what those other letters are. Assuming length or lockers.

you’ve got a Rubicon so they are Rubicon width with lockers

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
OK. Thanks....

I should have clarified that the question originally came up trying to determine diff fluid amounts needed. I found those descriptions. I believe that T/L is True Lok (Sahara with LSD).....anyone know what EDL is ? The differences are almost non existent, but now I gotta know....

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
OK. Thanks....

I should have clarified that the question originally came up trying to determine diff fluid amounts needed. I found those descriptions. I believe that T/L is True Lok (Sahara with LSD).....anyone know what EDL is ? The differences are almost non existent, but now I gotta know....
I just fill mine until it starts to come out of the fill hole. It’s less than 2 quarts

Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
OK. Thanks....

EDL = Electric Diff Lock?

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
I agree about the fill holes....However, if you have an aftermarket Diff Cover, that doesn't always work.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out the differences with the Axle with EDL and T/L.... either way the difference with the fluid levels is .02 quarts which is insignificant......

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
OK. Thanks....

TL = Trac-Lok (LSD)
EDL = Electronic Diff Lock (Rubi Lockers)

Tru-Lok is another name for EDL

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
You guys re the best on this forum !!....Thanks. Makes sense.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
While I have ya here.....If I re-gear to 4.88, that should not make a difference in fluid levels, correct ?
Sponsored