Need help with a lift kit question

Rollin_Dirty_Yeg

First Name
Dinis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
So I have a 2018 JLU with a 2.5 inch Rubicon Express lift kit with shock extensions and want another 2 inches on top of that lift. Can I just buy a 1.5 to 2 inch spacer lift and mount on the existing lift kit or do I need to buy a completely new lift kit?
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a 2018 JLU with a 2.5 inch Rubicon Express lift kit with shock extensions and want another 2 inches on top of that lift. Can I just buy a 1.5 to 2 inch spacer lift and mount on the existing lift kit or do I need to buy a completely new lift kit?
Is the RE lift you have on there now a spacer lift or a true spring and shock lift?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well you could, but you'd be introducing all kinds of issues. You really need to address suspension geometry with that much lift. Lower control arms and front and rear track bars at the bare minimum. Rock Krawler makes some great 4.5" lifts with everything you need. Just sell the kit you have.

OP
OP

Rollin_Dirty_Yeg

First Name
Dinis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Is the RE lift you have on there now a spacer lift or a true spring and shock lift?
The current one I have has lower control arms, springs and sway end links with shock extensions
Sponsored