Sponsored

Need help - Warranty issue

Lola*2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Looking for some help and guidance…would appreciate working with @JeepCares .
First let me say I love my Jeep. Like everyone, I worked hard to make my dream vehicle reality. I was able to purchase the Lifetime Maximum warranty. I felt extremely fortunate to have it and let everyone know that.
Short version is my 2011 Jeep Wrangler has been at the dealership since November 2021. It was towed there with several issues including the check engine light. 3 critical issues were found and parts were ordered. The parts came in February 2022 and at that point the dealership reran the codes and found 4 additional critical codes that were different than the original 3. Those codes led to the engine being the issue. I was asked in March to provide service records which I did to include 84 pages of timely maintenance both by mileage and months.
Now for some additional information…that documentation also included the 17 hot oil and check engine lights that the Jeep has went to the dealership with since buying the vehicle. The first one having been a hot oil light in less than a month of ownership at mile 3,017.
In spite of the documentation and issues, the engine has been denied through the warranty for the initial request and appeal. In talking to the dealership they say it is the warranty company denying; in talking to the warranty company they say it is the dealership technician who says it should be denied even though the dealership submitted the second request to reconsider the denial; and after seeking help from Jeep they said they cannot help.
The Jeep is now sitting at the dealership as we enter the 7th month. No repairs have been completed by the dealership since they will only complete all issues at one time including the non engine related ones. And I don’t know where to go from here.
I love my Jeep. I believe in the warranty. I know that my Jeep had issues from the very start and believe the ongoing lack of proper diagnosis consistently since 2011 by the dealership has caused this to build and made a bad situation worse. I have taken care of my Jeep and just want someone to take a look at the situation as a whole.
I would appreciate any guidance that anyone can give. Thanks!
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
First of all, you are on the wrong website. This is for 2018+ Wranglers.

Second, extended warranties are a scam. You never win.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Missing a lot of information.
  1. Year and mileage of the vehicle
  2. Trouble codes
  3. Dealership diagnosis
  4. Warranty company and terms
  5. Reasoning for the repair denial
  6. Why won’t the dealership repair items that are approved
Without any of that information it’s hard to say. Your warranty contract should have language in it stating what your steps or remedies are for warranty approval and/or denial. I’d also suggest possibly finding a different dealership.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I would want to talk personally to the tech who is recommending denial and what the basis is for their decision. I would then ask the service manager who is responsible for making that call when corresponding with the Warranty Company and the manufacturer.

I would want to know why the tech is making that determination with documented specifics such as inspection reports, photos and other documentation as may be available.

More specifics such as listed by @JABCAT would be helpful in answering your questions.

2021 islander

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wranger Islander
if you feel like you been wronged with everything that happen, get the writeup from the tech/dealership and a copy of the warranty and talk it over with a lawyer. maybe they might be able to help
Sponsored