Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
https://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/200/293/293-p5160154.pdf

I used red locktire when mounting mine. Torque to 20 ft/lbs and work in quadrants - 12, 6, 9, 3, and so on.

Edit to add: it will take several passes to get proper torque.
Thanks for the info. I believe the previous owner used red loctite too. I also think that is the reason so many of the bolts broke while I was taking them out. I am hoping to be able to change tires without having to drill and tap the holes again...it was not a fun project.
Sponsored

4LOWYO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 TJ Sport
I used antiseize when mounting mine, I backed the torque off to 16 in/lbs because it lubricates the threads. There was a torque chart online that I found for that spec. I’ve checked torque several times and nothing seems to have moved. It has only been a few days, 400ish miles, and two wheeling trips though.

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I believe the previous owner used red loctite too. I also think that is the reason so many of the bolts broke while I was taking them out. I am hoping to be able to change tires without having to drill and tap the holes again...it was not a fun project.
I pulled the ring off one of my wheels without issue. They were tight but came off without issue. I’m guessing the previous owner over torqued the bolts. It’s surprising how many people completely disregard torque recommendations and just tighten shit down as tight as they can get them.

If you follow proper torque guidelines, I cannot imagine you having issues pulling off the rings whenever you need to.

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I used antiseize when mounting mine, I backed the torque off to 16 in/lbs because it lubricates the threads. There was a torque chart online that I found for that spec. I’ve checked torque several times and nothing seems to have moved. It has only been a few days, 400ish miles, and two wheeling trips though.
16in/lbs?

Sponsored

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
16in/lbs?
Maybe 4LOWYO meant ft/lbs...I would be interested to hear if 4LOWYO has had any issues with bolts loosening up.
Edit: I see you already answered the question Thanks!

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
it would be beneficial to see a list of tires that have been used successfully with these wheels. I will start.
BF Goodrich KO2 35/12.50/17 load range E

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR

Sponsored