First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
The full doors appear to match the main body. However, the fenders, half doors, and that other little cowl piece are all more grey.
Paint robots don't use tape. That vehicle was repainted...maybe an accident along the way to your dealer?
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Thank you all for the replies. This is all uncharted territory for me. So I appreciate all the input. I don’t have any pictures of all the half doors on. Once I put on the drivers half door and saw the difference I stopped. I’ll keep everyone posted as I get more answers. The dealership is picking it up today. Cheers everyone.
Any update?

OC_1964

First Name
Beryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Have you made a entry with Jeep Cares? I unfortunately had to use them twice when the dealership was “stonewalling”. Keep Cares rep stepped in and everything was resolved to my satisfaction within a few days, dealership still doesn’t send me post event surveys as they say, anything below a perfect 10 is a fail on the dealership.

OP
OP

NorCal392

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5, F150, Chevy 3500 Dually
I still have no resolution. I’ve submitted pics and a review via the survey Jeep sent me via email. No one has contacted me. Sent emails to some of the email accounts (Stellantis) I could find online. No one has contacted me. Dealership says they still have no update yet from their Jeep rep. I don’t know what to do at this point.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I'm sorry that you are in the situation. There is only one way that I could be happy with the outcome here, and that is if Jeep threw money at me or offered me another vehicle. I would 100% attempt to lemon law that. Repainting your OEM paint will not be the same as factory paint, and reduces the value of the vehicle. If they repainted it and didn't disclose it, I'd be even more upset.

I used to work at a dealership, and it wasn't uncommon to see a paint defect here and there. If I recall, there is a small bit of touch up that is probably not required to be disclosed, but multiple panels would really put a lump in my throat, especially with a 392 purchase.

I would escalate this above the dealership level, IF you were to accept a repaint, I would either request compensation for a reduction in value, or something significant in trade, such as a lifetime mopar warranty or something that Jeep has a lower cost basis on, but can provide you value for. If you feel like things are stagnant, sent a certified letter to Jeep corporate.

At the end of the day, Jeep WANTS you to be happy with your purchase, but unfortunately things at the dealership level often, not always, get lost in the shuffle of "what does it take to make you happy today, and move on". Good luck to you either way, I hope you are able to get this resolved to your satisfaction.
How much reduction in value do you think there would be on a Jeep 392? The dealership would probably be glad to buy it back and resell it in about 3 heart beats!

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I still have no resolution. I’ve submitted pics and a review via the survey Jeep sent me via email. No one has contacted me. Sent emails to some of the email accounts (Stellantis) I could find online. No one has contacted me. Dealership says they still have no update yet from their Jeep rep. I don’t know what to do at this point.
Did the dealer take pictures and send it in to FCA? I had paint issues on my GC SRT when it was delivered. The rear flare was a darker shade of red. They covered the cost of the dealer painting a new one. Be very very confident with the dealers paint dept. with GC being a metallic it’s easy to screw up.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Yeah, the plastic painted parts vs the metal parts arent even close. I know in some colors thats very difficult to do and barely noticeable, but in your pics it stands out.

srmitchell

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 WK2 Trailhawk, 03 TJ Rubicon. 392 XR on order
Sorry to hear about this. Granite has been an issue for years. My dad and I both have Grand Cherokee’s, his 2018 had a fuel door that didn’t match. But my 2018 seems to be just fine.
Flash forward to the 392XR we waited 6 months for-
Obvious difference in color on the cowl versus fender. Hard top looks a little off too. Same as you, some panels look more gold, others grey. It’s not a big enough difference on ours to justify a fix but it’s a little insane on a 90k vehicle.
Sponsored