Sponsored

MY20 JL Changes

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I picked my Rubi up yesterday,now it looks like I went out in the mud. Melbourne’s mud rain did a good job.

I noticed that same tab there when I was looking at the shock mount. I was thinking about trying the relocation kit but now I think it will be fine. It’s easy to eat caught up in all the add ons you think you need.

1A01C094-B814-42CD-A52E-7BF67E50CA30.jpeg
Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I picked my Rubi up yesterday,now it looks like I went out in the mud. Melbourne’s mud rain did a good job.

I noticed that same tab there when I was looking at the shock mount. I was thinking about trying the relocation kit but now I think it will be fine. It’s easy to eat caught up in all the add ons you think you need.

1A01C094-B814-42CD-A52E-7BF67E50CA30.jpeg
Welcome to the club!

I'd tell you your Jeep looks great, but you know that already ;)

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, thanks! Yep, pretty happy with it. I was looking at a sport and this one just turned up to go the dealers floor. How could I say no.

OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
it is such a stupid location for the steering damper..

I hate seeing it hang down below the car when i look at it front on. When the day comes, i'll be cutting it off and relocation it 100% I just wanted the car to run for a while before i do any changes that will effect warranty on certain parts.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it’s the bigger diff on the rubicon but it doesn’t look as bad as I remember when I looked at a sport. Could be wrong but when I looked at my car it didn’t seem as bad. It’s more level with the bottom of the diff housing.
I agree though, it’s not great and is the first thing in line to take a hit. The conversion for RHD makes a mess of an easy fix. There’s a lot going on in that area. Deep muddy ruts are going to turn it into a grader.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Maybe it’s the bigger diff on the rubicon but it doesn’t look as bad as I remember when I looked at a sport. Could be wrong but when I looked at my car it didn’t seem as bad. It’s more level with the bottom of the diff housing.
I agree though, it’s not great and is the first thing in line to take a hit. The conversion for RHD makes a mess of an easy fix. There’s a lot going on in that area. Deep muddy ruts are going to turn it into a grader.
Ive already been through a pretty big mud hole with my JLUR and that bracket holding the stabilizer took so so so long to clean all the mud out of... looking forward to getting rid of it / moving it thats for sure.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking to double black offroad, they are grinding down the welded bracket then fitting a new mount. Pretty costly due to the time it takes in labour, but still probably the best choice so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Speaking to double black offroad, they are grinding down the welded bracket then fitting a new mount. Pretty costly due to the time it takes in labour, but still probably the best choice so far.
i'll be doing this as well. just come on jeep... why.... lol
Sponsored