First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
☝ Hot and lean, good way to burn valves and pistons.
And the money in your wallet too. It can make a lot more HP but it has to be tuned for it. A friend with a Raptor has a tune in for it and it does wake the motor up but again it's a twin turbo with the right tune. I know I had mentioned that there a few guys around here with some serious work done to their Harleys and they are running 101 AV fuel but again the bikes are built to run it
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
And the money in your wallet too. It can make a lot more HP but it has to be tuned for it. A friend with a Raptor has a tune in for it and it does wake the motor up but again it's a twin turbo with the right tune. I know I had mentioned that there a few guys around here with some serious work done to their Harleys and they are running 101 AV fuel but again the bikes are built to run it
I don’t get those who tune for fuel that’s not widely available. No trips or straying from your fuel supply. In the land before time we just changed the buttons in the injectors/ jets (the S&S on my Shovelhead had screw in jets) and tweaked the timing. Simple 🤷🏼‍♂️ heck- I can’t even get pump gas for a 93 octane tune in Ca. 🙁

Last edited:

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I don’t get those who tune for fuel that’s not widely available. No trips or straying from your fuel supply. In the land before time we just changed the buttons in the injectors/ jets (the S&S on my Shovelhead had screw in jets) and tweaked the timing. Simple 🤷🏼‍♂️ heck- I can’t even get pump gas for a 93 octane tune in Ca. 🙁
The best we have out here in NJ is 93 and a can of Boostane or VP in a can. I can honestly say that the Boostane does what it's supposed to do. I did see it with my own eyes when we had my raptor on the dyno. Gear Heads were the ones responsible for working with the dyno tech

https://boostane.com/collections/oc...7zwLZzUGXWQfIR8ziIdXh2TzjaELWiB8aAmImEALw_wcB

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlu Willy's Stock
I know this post is super old but if someone ever does this again and comes across this thread there is a easy but not a cheap fix. Go to any store that sells ATVs or 4 wheelers, or maybe even most parts stores. Buy a few bottles of Enzyme ethanol remover. Problem solved. This one's free :)
Sponsored