Experience with Corsa

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I’m pretty close to ordering a Corsa for my JL Rubicon. From the videos, I think the Touring has a cleaner deep rumble and less raspy in comparison to the Sport. I pinged Corsa who advised that:

“Touring system is 7-8 dB quieter. The additional muffler in the touring system is a free flowing packed muffler that dials the sound volume down. The RSC drone cancelling muffler is the same in both kits. The low frequency levels are similar between the two kits, but you will gain more high rpm sound under throttle with the sport system. The packing smooths the tone in the touring system and makes it quieter. Both are drone free at cruise and at low rpms.”

Quite an excellent response from Corsa, I was impressed with their fast and informative response. Anyhoo, I wonder how significant 8 decibels is....anyone know?

For JL owners with the Corsa exhaust...how is the can clearance in comparison to stock? I know it’s not a high clearance system, but wonder if it’d be safe for moderate rocky trail rides.

Cheers
Sponsored

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Hey Bocephus! Sorry for the delay. Busy week & as someone who always backs in to parking spaces, I never seemed to remember to snag a pic for you!

E03A770E-8FCC-47C5-8629-DD13CA046705.jpeg

It’s tucked up there fairly well & I love the dual tips. As for the sound, I chose the sport over the touring & I love it!!! When I was comparing sounds, I liked the sound of the sport better & preferred the growls it made over those of the touring. To each his/her own!!! I do have to say that I loved reading what Corsa said about the one I went with! :) I was also very impressed with their customer service!

My vehicle enthusiast best friend, who’s also my build manager & doing all my installs for me, is getting the same exhaust model for his truck. He drove my Jeep a few times the weekend I was there for installs & every time he would comment on what a great job Corsa did with the different tones of the exhaust.

Hope this helps!! :like::jk:

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Thanks Lydia! Super helpful! Great looking setup!

I had further comms with Corsa that also pointed me in the direction of Sport. I asked them the significance of "7-8 decibels quiter" (touring vs sport) and also asked about ground clearance.

Their response was helpful:

Decibels are logarithmic in scale so 10 dB is roughly twice as loud. You will definitely notice the sound difference. Most people will pick up 3-5 dB difference as a change in sound, anything more than that is even easier to perceive the difference.

Ground clearance is as good or better than stock depending on the version you buy. The turn down version is recommended for off road, as it eliminates the tips and the last bend before the tips and replaces with a slash cut dump pipe that angles down to each side. This is also suitable for modified vehicles with aftermarket bumpers or body modifications where the corners of the vehicle are relieved.
Very pleased with Corsa's responsiveness to my inquiries, super helpful and made my decision clear -
I pulled the trigger on the Sport with turn down. I don't off road super hard, but I'd rather play it safe.
Looking forward to hooking this up, hoping it ships soon!
Sponsored