mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Greetings,

I just wanted to post my setup since many have trouble finding where to mount their CB stuff in the JLs.

I kept it simple. The radio is held onto the glove box with velcro, and the mic is held onto the grab bar with a brilliant little mount made by Jeepuniq.com . I went on my first trail run last weekend and everything held in place perfectly. Velcro is great for smaller CB radios but I don't know if it would work so well for bigger models. It allows me to remove everything in between trail runs (or at least in winter time) and when it's time to head out I just screw the antenna in and slap the radio back on.

Anyway here are some pics:

upload_2019-6-10_10-14-39.png

upload_2019-6-10_10-15-5.png

upload_2019-6-10_10-15-37.png
Sponsored

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings,

I just wanted to post my setup since many have trouble finding where to mount their CB stuff in the JLs.

I kept it simple. The radio is held onto the glove box with velcro, and the mic is held onto the grab bar with a brilliant little mount made by Jeepuniq.com . I went on my first trail run last weekend and everything held in place perfectly. Velcro is great for smaller CB radios but I don't know if it would work so well for bigger models. It allows me to remove everything in between trail runs (or at least in winter time) and when it's time to head out I just screw the antenna in and slap the radio back on.

Anyway here are some pics:

upload_2019-6-10_10-14-39.png

upload_2019-6-10_10-15-5.png

upload_2019-6-10_10-15-37.png
That mic holder is great. Did you use the JK version? Looked thru the jeepuniq.com site, but it seemed the JL grab bar mounts were for 2 devices.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Check again. I think they were updating their website earlier today. There seems to be other options now.
Ok, will do. I will look on my PC, hard to see everything they have using my cell phone web browser.

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I like that mic holder as well! Which antenna mount did you go with?
I used the Rugged Ridge FM\CB Combo kit that's supposed to be for the JKs but works fine for the JLs. One of the cables in the kit was faulty, though, and that caused a little trouble with my SWR, but once I got the cable replaced (easily and cheaply) I am in business and everything works perfectly.

Here is a link to my write-up for the antenna install. Here is the post where I talk about the bad cable. I hope this helps!!

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone,

I just checked and the Jeepuniq site is up for JL stuff. I don't know that the mounts are all that different for the different radios, and the thing is kinda expensive, but damn if it's not a great mic mount that doesn't require any effort to install.

FYI, I don't have any association with them or get anything for promoting them, but I know there's a lack of good mounting options for CB stuff in the JLs and this site offers a great option.
Sponsored