Mudflaps question

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Is there a reason why Wrangler owners tend to avoid using mudflaps? Most of the pictures I’ve seen of Wranglers don’t have mudflaps, but I feel like they would be useful especially when you’re out on the trails or driving through snow/salt. My best guess is that the mudflaps could get in the way of your wheels articulating fully, but I searched the forum and couldn’t really find anything answering my question.
Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I have the Weather Tech mud flaps on the front only. I have not smashed them yet on the trails I have been on. No rock crawling involved.

They are an excellent addition and help immensely in keeping the door hinges from getting destroyed by whatever the tires decide to launch at them.

OP
OP
Getmadboy

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I have the Weather Tech mud flaps on the front only. I have not smashed them yet on the trails I have been on. No rock crawling involved.

They are an excellent addition and help immensely in keeping the door hinges from getting destroyed by whatever the tires decide to launch at them.
Are the weather tech flaps made of hard plastic or softer rubber? I wouldn’t want them to crack if they happen to get a little smushed against a rock

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Mud flaps gets destroyed on rocky trails. If they are made from hard plastic then the damage can impact your fender flares.

on sand the soft rubber mud flaps can get caught up by the tire when you reverse; the tire will tear the mud flap off along with what the mud flap is mounted on.

Removable mud flaps is the way to go if you wheel your Jeep off road.

OP
OP
Getmadboy

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Mud flaps gets destroyed on rocky trails. If they are made from hard plastic then the damage can impact your fender flares.

on sand the soft rubber mud flaps can get caught up by the tire when you reverse; the tire will tear the mud flap off along with what the mud flap is mounted on.

Removable mud flaps is the way to go if you wheel your Jeep off road.
Ah gotcha. Thanks for the clarification

Sponsored

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
Check out Rokblokz. They are removable with thumb screws and come in 2 sizes depending on your tire size. I have the front regular size on order. Like others have said, mud flaps tend to get destroyed on the trail. Rokblokz seem to be a good compromise, and they are supposed to be flexible.

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
Check out Rokblokz. They are removable with thumb screws and come in 2 sizes depending on your tire size. I have the front regular size on order. Like others have said, mud flaps tend to get destroyed on the trail. Rokblokz seem to be a good compromise, and they are supposed to be flexible.
Just installed these yesterday. Look great.
Sponsored