Sponsored

MPG Guage Question

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
IMG_0215.jpg
As you can see the MPG gauge shows the average plus "SOMETIMES" under the Range number which here it's 319 miles there is another number in yellow showing the MPG i'm getting. However it comes and goes. Does anybody know how to adjust that?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does anybody know how to adjust that?
The Fuel Economy display has 2 screens that can be viewed. One with Current Fuel Economy and one without. Toggle left or right to select the display you want. The Current Fuel Economy will display in green when your current MPG is higher than your average, orange when it's lower. When the ESS kicks in the current MPG will stay wherever is was until the engine starts up again.

OP
OP
stoowie

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Dave if I'm understanding you when i'm on this screen I have to toggle on the display shown here, correct?
IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
stoowie

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Dave you are a genius!
Thank you
It's certainly not spelled out in any of the manuals but your YouTube was a great help.
Thanks again and Happy Easter

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It's certainly not spelled out in any of the manuals
It is (page 211 of the 2020 manual, might be slightly different for older):

Fuel Economy

Push and release the up or down arrow button until the Fuel Economy icon is highlighted in the instrument cluster display. Push and hold the OK button to reset average fuel economy feature.

Toggle left or right to select a display with or without Current Fuel Economy Information.

• Range – The display shows the estimated distance (mi or km) that can be traveled with the fuel remaining in the tank. When the Range value is less than 10 miles (16 kilometers), the Range display will change to a “LOW” message. Adding a significant amount of fuel to the vehicle will turn off the “LOW” message and a new Range value will display. Range cannot be reset through the OK button.

NOTE: Significant changes in driving style or vehicle loading will greatly affect the actual drivable distance of the vehicle, regardless of the Range displayed value.

• Average – The display shows the average fuel economy (MPG, L/100 km, or km/L) since the last reset.
• Current – This display shows the current fuel economy (MPG, L/100 km, km/L) while driving

Reactions: GtX

RidgeRider

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
After 11k miles, all the sudden the MPG gage on my 2020 JLU has been resetting itself when I turn the car off and then back on rather than holding the setting until I manually reset it. The reset leaves the range number alone but resets the fuel mpg to zero to start all over again. It is the same on both views of the gage. The mpg number on the trip odometer screen remains unchanged unless manually reset. Any thoughts?
Sponsored