millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is the twin needed? Or will the high output single do.
From what I have read if you just need to air up your tires, the high output will do just fine. I am also curious if you can use the same mount or if there is another for the high output single.
Sponsored

OpsWest

First Name
Ops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for sharing, I’m also utilizing the storage space in the rear and glad I just found this thread. My house battery and fuse block is there. Ran a 4 gauge wire to the battery isolator. Using an elevated platform which is hinged and vented on front and back. Figured if fridge is there full time I had to do something to make it accessible. Still a work in process but thought I would share:

Can’t wait to get my twin ARB:

A2B1ABD9-DB7F-42C7-B3C5-15D5349D2486.jpeg

D5070DB8-E203-434D-BB04-4EAB10882A7A.jpeg

11C9C122-3AF4-4459-93E6-6809B321D3CC.jpeg

A5E4BBCE-7631-48FA-863A-C72B5C33782C.jpeg

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
High output single works just fine - I had one on my JK (sold it with Jeep because I had lockers as well). It will run lockers and I didn’t have any problems inflating my 35” tires.

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Well, I finally installed my ARB. I ran 4 gauge wire from the battery through the pass frame rail and up through the little vent in the jack area. Sealed that up well.
I have a 60 amp maxi fuse at the battery. After I got everything wired up on Tuesday, the damn thing didn’t work. To make a long story short I got a new one from ARB.
Finished the install today. Got rid of that entire mess of wires. Just two right on the switch. It’s really cool how they wire all that up, but damn. Here is a pic.
It’s done.

7EACCFD9-7A0B-44FE-88FB-63A21041E3FD.jpeg
Thats great, good job.

utefan

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2016 JKU 75th Anniversary, 1996 XJ
If you are running larger tires I would recommend the twin. If your patient and don't mind waiting for the single, it'll work great. The only difference I have found is speed. I've been told that with a small air chamber the twin can run air tools...if that is of interest to you.

FYI, I presently have 35x12.50 R17 tires and I can fill each tire from my trail pressure, usually around 15psi, to my road pressure between 34 and 38 psi in under a minute. The twin is actually quite impressive. Good luck and let us know what you do.

Happy Jeeping!

Cheers!

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Many thanks to OnlyOne for sharing his idea on location for twin ARB mount and for his assistance via personal message. Here's a look at what I've done. Note, my switch location differs from OnlyOne's.... either location will work just fine.
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG
Any chance of a write up in the DIY section? This looks extremely clean and I want to see how you routed the wiring back there. Again very clean look...

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
Looks really great. I'd love to see a DIY writeup on this install.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Quick question...for those that bought the ARB twin...was the unit packaged in the box with any kind of protective/immobilizing material, ie foam, plastic, etc? Mine was just delivered and it was just floating around in the box, undoubtedly getting banged around on its UPS trip

Sponsored

grein46087

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Any chance of a write up in the DIY section? This looks extremely clean and I want to see how you routed the wiring back there. Again very clean look...
I would really love to see
Many thanks to OnlyOne for sharing his idea on location for twin ARB mount and for his assistance via personal message. Here's a look at what I've done. Note, my switch location differs from OnlyOne's.... either location will work just fine.
img_0696-jpg.jpg
I would really love to see a build out write up. I think this is what I am looking to go for.
Great job !!!

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG
Any issues with heat? That ARB gets how while running doesn't it? Also are you able to leave the deck cover over the compressor during use? Your setup looks very clean BTW :like:

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG
Did you bolt the compressor down?

How is the heat on the plastic?

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting ready to order my ARB twin compressor too. But first a question, has anyone wired to one of the Aux switches (I have a WARN Zeon 10-S to one of my 40 amp switches, can this unit be wired to the other? How many amps does it really draw?
Sponsored