Sponsored

More JLU pics finally (with Interior)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I think it's an Automatic. In the last pic look at the letters to the left of the shifter.
Yeah, looks like I was wrong on that.

They went with a ridiculous short plastic-y Dodge Neon style shifter with a cheesy front plastic button, instead of a nice shifter like in the current GC, Challenger, Charger etc ZF8 implementations. Uugh !!

I hope there is an aftermarket option to improve on this thing, not a fan of that Fisher Price design.

3CE69041-5415-4087-AF4B-85E09FF738D8.jpeg
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh....those interior colors look horrible....I would like to see some other versions.
Yeah, I hope that the taupe bits have a ‘Saddle’ brown option.
We’ve already seen the black version in mules.
Black never made sense for the touchy surfaces in a convertible, especially the armrests, but that taupe is so drab.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Ugh....those interior colors look horrible....I would like to see some other versions.
Beige is easily the worst interior color in any car. I thought “tan” referred to a darker brown. The color makes the whole interior look 10 years old

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...The color makes the whole interior look 30 years old
Fixed that for ya. ;)

Looks very much like the grey & taupe interiors of 80s & 90s Ford Tauruses.

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at those interior photos, the shift knob for example. Look at the blob of black that has been Photoshopped to the top of the knob, also the knob itself looks like some sort of airbrushed insert. Noticed the same sort of generic photoshopped look to the dash/nav image.

Where this also looks like it popped up is with the tail lights. My guess is that they had to get the manuals to the printer before some of these things had been finalized and as a result these photos might not (hopefully) be good representations of the final product. Granted if that is the shifter then I can see some aftermarket company making a small fortune selling a nice looking replacement.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another photo of the shifter can be found further in the material (pg 196 of the User Guide), the look of this one vs the one I posted earlier is almost enough to justify a Rubicon upgrade on that alone.... ;)

3D21B972-0F4D-49FF-86CD-03F3783173AD.jpeg

But still got a major stink of Fischer Price too it despite the better colouring. :asshat:

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Another photo of the shifter can be found further in the material (pg 196 of the User Guide), the look of this one vs the one I posted earlier is almost enough to justify a Rubicon upgrade on that alone.... ;)

3D21B972-0F4D-49FF-86CD-03F3783173AD.jpeg

But still got a major stink of Fischer Price too it despite the better colouring. :asshat:
What is the Rubicon upgrade for the shifter?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think the photos of the interior look pretty good but the renders in the guide look awful. I hope no actual vehicle looks that bad.

I am a sport guy and the render shows the frame around the smaller screen and it makes me sad. I hope it doesn't really look that bad.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I think the photos of the interior look pretty good but the renders in the guide look awful. I hope no actual vehicle looks that bad.

I am a sport guy and the render shows the frame around the smaller screen and it makes me sad. I hope it doesn't really look that bad.
I’m with you man. Beige interior with a small screen would really suck..

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
These interior pictures are really just a nightmare. You would think that after increasing the price significantly, they’d be giving us a higher quality product. Nope.
Look at all that plastic on the sports bar/pillars. I would much prefer the sleeve over this..

DFE3E38E-7910-47B8-B902-00851548CC88.jpeg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It has a certain fisher-price aesthetic to it...

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
The recent user guide shows a guuuhhh option in the example. I’ll take red over gaahhh for any exterior colour.

931A4B23-B285-43D0-81A3-A38FF18D8107.jpeg
This is absolutely awful! Does anyone think these colors look good? I know some of you don't like the black interior, but I prefer it. The instrument clusters seem totally unrelated, styling-wise. The JK's clusters also seem somewhat unrelated, but the stack seems somewhat cohesive because the stack is within a larger vertical surround. This stack seems "dis-jointed". It's like different design teams designed each section. Black will minimize the "disjointed" look. I see a much improved center stack on the mid-model refresh, making this look amateurish. Much like the latter JK interior vs. the early years.
Sponsored