DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
Did you click on the links above? Unless you think the 2 door is going to look that different than the 4 door it's clearly not that angled. This pic shows it and there's no way the back is fake here given where the rear glass and spare tire are located.

2018-jeep-wrangler-rear-png.png
These "Fastback" people are like Flat Earthers, there is no use trying to convince them with factual evidence. They will believe what they want to believe.:facepalm:
Sponsored

SadSandwich

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go kart
Did you click on the links above? Unless you think the 2 door is going to look that different than the 4 door it's clearly not that angled. This pic shows it and there's no way the back is fake here given where the rear glass and spare tire are located.

Jeep Wrangler JL More JL 2 door pics {filename}
Wow, such paste! We have all seen the same pics. Im just looking for some new ideas to explore until the machine gets revealed.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Those pics are of a hardtop anyway. It's already been mentioned that the Trektop Pro is possibly going to have a major influence on the new softtop.

I'm imagining a standard ragtop without the slope or "fastback," and the Trektop as the upgrade, just as is available now. (Without the Trektop of course, just better materials.) Then a hardtop as a further option.

The photos sure look like there's a sloped back to that top, or the camo is doing something weird that it hasn't done in previous spyshots. Specifically look at where the camo starts at the top. There's a clear "step" probably where it's fallen down the slope a bit.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
These "Fastback" people are like Flat Earthers, there is no use trying to convince them with factual evidence. They will believe what they want to believe.:facepalm:
While I don't think there's a fast-back design there, athough I still hold-out hope for a better design for aerodynamics and self-cleaning rear window, but...

just in regards to the above... somehwat pedantic comments... you 3 do know the difference between a soft-top and a hard-top right? :giggle:
It's not about 2-dr vs 4-dr but you should be able to figure out soft-top vs hard-top. I think we can provide links to assist with that if needed. ;)

You think there might be seperated design considerations for both the way there is in a JK?
Or is there a glass rear window under that camo'ed softop too because it's in all your referenced photos. :idea:

PS, the Earth is flat, it's gravity, space & time that are curved. :sun:

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Man, they better reveal these things soon. This lack of information is making everyone ANGRY!!!!!!

Sponsored

MarcM

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Chrysler 300S
I had a fastback top on my Defender. It reduced my cargo space, so I would not want one, if it were offered.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I think something along the lines of the Bestop Trektop Pro would be great. No hating from me. Just my opinion.

(Btw... Trektop refers to this as "fastback styling.")

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
What we mean is that the fast back is well camo'd. Here's some lines. Pink is ACTUAL roof shape based on the ridges, blue is the portion of empty camo:
I think the rear camo bra is pulled down so tight that it's pulling down the rear top to give the illusion you are hoping for.

MarcM

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Chrysler 300S
This is what I think of when I think of a fast back. I hated it!

OP
OP
Davos77

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Now who was it that said they haven't built any 2 door JLs?

Sponsored