Mopar Tow Harness Install

duke114

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Does anyone know where the inline fuse is? While installing I sparked a few times when running the power line from the battery to the back. I think the fuse in that wire needs replaced but it is not obvious to me where it is. If you haven’t installed yours yet do not connect the power to the fuse box until you are completely done connecting all the other wires in the back.
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Does anyone know where the inline fuse is? While installing I sparked a few times when running the power line from the battery to the back. I think the fuse in that wire needs replaced but it is not obvious to me where it is. If you haven’t installed yours yet do not connect the power to the fuse box until you are completely done connecting all the other wires in the back.
It’s directly off the battery lead. There is a little black fuse holder inline with the power that’s wrapped in tape. I popped my fuse too. I didn’t know you have to disconnect the second battery for the ESS that’s under the fuse box. It’s a 5 amp fuse if I remember.

duke114

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
It’s directly off the battery lead. There is a little black fuse holder inline with the power that’s wrapped in tape. I popped my fuse too. I didn’t know you have to disconnect the second battery for the ESS that’s under the fuse box. It’s a 5 amp fuse if I remember.
Thank you for the info. I removed the tape and the 30 amp fuse. Unfortunately, the fuse was good. So now I am going to replace the fuse case array 68368853AA and see if that fixes my problem. Stay tuned.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you for the info. I removed the tape and the 30 amp fuse. Unfortunately, the fuse was good. So now I am going to replace the fuse case array 68368853AA and see if that fixes my problem. Stay tuned.
30 amp made more sense. Even as I typed that I thought 5 amp was small. I must have changed another that was 5 amp becuase I had to go buy one.

Let me know what you find. Do you not have power to the 7 pin? is that the problem you are having? I had the same issue and ended up being my fuse. Could check your connectors behind the taillight or your ground. Hopefully something simple.

duke114

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
30 amp made more sense. Even as I typed that I thought 5 amp was small. I must have changed another that was 5 amp becuase I had to go buy one.

Let me know what you find. Do you not have power to the 7 pin? is that the problem you are having? I had the same issue and ended up being my fuse. Could check your connectors behind the taillight or your ground. Hopefully something simple.
Yes, I have no power to the 7 pin and 4 pin. The reason I think it is the fuse is because not once but twice or maybe 3 times I saw a spark as I was running the cable to the back. If it is not the fuse array then I will have to start looking at the other connections.

Sponsored

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I am not getting any response to my question on other thread so I want to try here.
I have Mopar flat towing wire harness installed in my 2020 JLUR diesel and towing it with the RV. I am using ready brute tow bar that is actuating breaks in jeep by pulling jeep break pedal with a cable. I just completed my towing setup and did few towing test drives. I had my wife following me behind and recording video of break lights and behavior of the jeep. I have noticed that depending on how hard I apply breaks on my RV my jeep third break light will or will not come on. Light application of the breaks will turn only left and right break light but third light will not come on. Only heavier break application will turn all 3 break lights on. Not sure if i can assume that left and right break light will come when RV break signal is send to jeep by Mopar wire harness and third break light is turned on by jeep break pedal being pulled and actuating jeep break light circuit. I would appreciate input from someone familiar with the subject.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tow Harness Install towing-

mbar1156

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yes, I have no power to the 7 pin and 4 pin. The reason I think it is the fuse is because not once but twice or maybe 3 times I saw a spark as I was running the cable to the back. If it is not the fuse array then I will have to start looking at the other connections.
Any luck? I’m having this same issue.

NotMyJLU

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I had the same issue. Wired up the Mopar harness (4 hours) and no power to the 7 or 4 way. 30A fuse was blown in the new harness.

laniercruzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
How do you like your Leisure Travel Van? My wife and I are considering the same brand...

I am not getting any response to my question on other thread so I want to try here.
I have Mopar flat towing wire harness installed in my 2020 JLUR diesel and towing it with the RV. I am using ready brute tow bar that is actuating breaks in jeep by pulling jeep break pedal with a cable. I just completed my towing setup and did few towing test drives. I had my wife following me behind and recording video of break lights and behavior of the jeep. I have noticed that depending on how hard I apply breaks on my RV my jeep third break light will or will not come on. Light application of the breaks will turn only left and right break light but third light will not come on. Only heavier break application will turn all 3 break lights on. Not sure if i can assume that left and right break light will come when RV break signal is send to jeep by Mopar wire harness and third break light is turned on by jeep break pedal being pulled and actuating jeep break light circuit. I would appreciate input from someone familiar with the subject.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tow Harness Install towing-

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Can I pay someone other than the dealer to do this install? I am looking to buy a camping trailer with breaks and need the 7 pin. Anyone knows of a trailer store that would do this?

Sponsored

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 2018 Chevy Suburban
Finished my Mopar trailer harness install today tested for voltage at the plugs and I have nothing. I’ve got power at the fuse by the battery and I have power at the red wire on the passenger side tail light. I haven’t checked at the drivers side tail light yet. The modular plug in the passenger side is a pain to unplug because it’s attached so low. Should I have power on the yellow wire in the driver side tail light?

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 2018 Chevy Suburban
ok I figured my issue out. The red wire from the battery terminal to the passenger side taillight was not seated right. I remember it going in hard. It wasn’t straight in the plug and not all the way in. Hope this helps.

D2AF725F-5B33-4F78-9155-20C4201B56EA.jpeg

D253874D-ACA2-4937-9119-F016A96ADB8D.jpeg

83A69CB7-7460-40F0-872A-2B93C1D39B8B.jpeg

3A205D75-E75B-4374-84DC-4445313E4DCE.jpeg

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangle Sahara Unlimited

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangle Sahara Unlimited
CURT®T-Connector(1 review)# mpn1067436Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon / Sport / Unlimited Sahara / Unlimited Sport 2018, T-Connector by CURT®. For Models without Tow Plug, 2-wire System, Location: S1. This provides all you need to connect a trailer to the tow vehicle. Generous...Plugs into vehicle tail light assembly to provide a 4-way flat socketSimple plug-and-play design eliminates the need for cutting or splic more details on - https://www.carid.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-hitch-wiring/?filter=1&sub-model[BodyNumDoors][]=4+Doors
I could be wrong. My understanding is it won't fit work for the Sahara JL unlimited since the vehicle has Blind Spot sonar and LED lights.
Sponsored