Sponsored

MOPAR LED Prototype Headlight?

Try to Fix it?, Sell them?, or (order a replacement light even if they don't match?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Hey guys,

Well I guess the spark note version of the story is I picked up a pair of what appear to be Factory Mopar LED Headlights, I noticed these only have 3 prongs............. but the really strange part was that one the lights internally appeared to be loose, like you could pick it up and move it side and side and hear it shift around internally. Not a good sign to me. So I unscrewed the base plate/heat sink thing and looked inside and can in fact feel and see it shifting around. Tagged on the wires inside of the housing you can see "PROTOTYPE" wrapped around several wires and a build date code of 2016 I believe. The lens is broke on that one sadly so I'm at a cross roads here.

Choices:

1. Do I try to keep digging into it further to fix whatever is loose, reseat it and find a new lens (if possible??) and slap it on?

or

2. Just sell the one perfect light plus this one along with it for parts?

I debated just ordering another light to replace this damaged one, but this is what's going through my head. I could have a weird prototype thing that's awesome but practicality wise I want these to match in features and appearance. Since something about this is different and if I cant repair the damaged one I'm kinda stuck since I doubt I'll find another 3 wire LED headlight, the rest are 4 wires. Because this has 3 wires and so far nobody else has come up to that before, I'll most likely end up with a 4 wire and either ones missing features or require extra wiring. So again, my point is somethings probably not gonna match.

So I guess I lied, that wasn't a very short story lol. But do you think I should try and fix it or just cut my losses and sell this whatever it is and start over? Where would I even find the parts to fix this, or a lens? :lipssealed::facepalm: I know the whole thing is weird trust me. I'm just trying to salvage the situation the best I can.
KwUIVitQTOO6XvXWaYBC%A.jpg
gDCMoc3dRU67KayZkAXzFw.jpg
64a0Z5jSRKy8H4zj0WfHpA.jpg
yyDApK8LTCm4BF6spaJNMw.jpg
iVBow0q2TAiOKIIzIO5Cww.jpg
hrcfpZDNSr+%Ly%wnoHysA.jpg
dw4tL7rcRV2%i6tQeSj4Uw.jpg
z7yZAKIVQNiU0pUmglI%tw.jpg
9Cta2p+dTgu10raWBpS5yw.jpg
YdTdM9zTS7mv1D6%etHjJQ.jpg
fI5vITZlTsKvJwVdiffRQA.jpg
Sponsored

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
I'd go the replacement lens route if that's even possible. Otherwise, I'd start over with a set of aftermarket LEDs. Cost will be about the same as replacing just the single factory LED and you don't have to deal with the wiring issue.

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Why can't you return it?
I bought them as-is off of facebook market place. I've bought a bunch of stuff for my JL like that and up until now everything has been awesome, but this is my first head scratching moment. The risk we take I suppose. :whew:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I bought them as-is off of facebook market place. I've bought a bunch of stuff for my JL like that and up until now everything has been awesome, but this is my first head scratching moment. The risk we take I suppose. :whew:
Ahhh. Sorry to hear about that. Well, I think it might be difficult to find parts unfortunately. I vote to cut your loses.

Sponsored

Joaozao

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Post in the lighting section. Maybe this could be disassembled so we can figure out how to get take offs fully working on a 3 wire set up.

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
Post in the lighting section. Maybe this could be disassembled so we can figure out how to get take offs fully working on a 3 wire set up.
Somebody already has here’s mine.

BAEE8A04-6255-4FDF-B889-80359EA38630.jpeg

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
Hello, we have factory-mounted LED lights in Europe. they do not have Halo functions and only have 3 pins. see the pictures

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

Connecteur 3 pines.jpg

Phare.jpg

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello, your headlights are European models marked JL ECE. Since one of the 2 is broken, can you look at it if it has the halo but that will not be connected. I have the same but I do not want to disassemble at the risk of breaking everything :brokenhearted: ... thank you

Sponsored

Han Amj

First Name
Hani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport
We have the same three pin LED Headlights in the middle east. I have also been trying to figure out weather the Halo LED is built into the light but simply not wired.

It would be grate if you can help us out here.

Obiwanpat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
We are all waiting ! we are not lucky with our 3 pin LED Headlights !

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
La.j.o.i.e does not answer anymore? in France and dubai, we would like him to answer us ...
Sponsored