Mopar Cargo Mat System

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I'm looking at the Mopar cargo mat for JLs with cloth seats, 82215656AC. I've read at least one review that said it has a tendency to pop loose from the back of the rear seats. The thing is, I plan on camping in the Jeep, as in, IN the Jeep, and the bracket and back bolts for the rear seats are going to present a problem for an air mattress because the cloth seats don't come with the spring-loaded gap hider (don't get me started). This cargo mat kit comes with the factory gap hider and mounting bracket, and the cargo mat kit is only marginally more expensive than buying the gap hider a' la carte. I'm not crazy about cutting holes in my carpet but this is a Mopar kit, so I can't imagine it affecting the resale/trade-in. I was going to go with Weathertech because of the high lip for containing liquid spills, but they only make one that covers the area behind the back seats, and the lip means that I'd actually have to remove it for camping trips in order to use an air mattress.

What are other's experiences with and thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The clips do pop open when you fold down the rear seats. I sort of just leave the 40 split side unclipped all the time so I can fold down the seats without care.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I had the same concerns. This thing is fine. Cutting the carpet is very straightforward, and hard to mess up.

Everything looks very stock, maybe better. Sure they can come in buttoned, but generally they don't, and the clean up with all the rubber mats is tons easier then without.

Pull the trigger, you'll be glad you did .

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I'm looking at the Mopar cargo mat for JLs with cloth seats, 82215656AC. I've read at least one review that said it has a tendency to pop loose from the back of the rear seats. The thing is, I plan on camping in the Jeep, as in, IN the Jeep, and the bracket and back bolts for the rear seats are going to present a problem for an air mattress because the cloth seats don't come with the spring-loaded gap hider (don't get me started). This cargo mat kit comes with the factory gap hider and mounting bracket, and the cargo mat kit is only marginally more expensive than buying the gap hider a' la carte. I'm not crazy about cutting holes in my carpet but this is a Mopar kit, so I can't imagine it affecting the resale/trade-in. I was going to go with Weathertech because of the high lip for containing liquid spills, but they only make one that covers the area behind the back seats, and the lip means that I'd actually have to remove it for camping trips in order to use an air mattress.

What are other's experiences with and thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Something that didn't occur to me when I bought mine is accommodating seat covers. If you use seat covers, they will have to be cut too. As far as popping loose, mine never did. Some of the snaps have a front and a back piece and if they are not installed correctly, the mat does not snap in securely. And once the snap is installed, they are not easily uninstalled without breaking them and spare parts are not available.
Sponsored