Sponsored

MOPAR Aux switch install whoopsie

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
So I may or may not have pulled the wire out of the pin that goes into the harness when removing orange wire #13. Any suggestions to find a replacement pin and how to get the one still in there out? Not sure what it controls but my start/stop isn't functioning. Which if that's all that wire does I'm not as concerned lol
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Do know that you are not the first one to have had this happen with that pin or another of the pins.

Solution used by a few guys ...

Just leave the pin (no wire attached) in place. Won't hurt to do so Now, you use a piece of wire, to hard wire the the two wire ends that would have met in the connector thanks their individual pins. Reality is a the connector is just an adjunct. You could hard wire each wire that the connector deals with. Anyway, easiest approach for you, @TheDirtyDangla is to just hard wire that one and be done with it.

OP
OP
TheDirtyDangla

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Do know that you are not the first one to have had this happen with that pin or another of the pins.

Just leave the pin (no wire attached) in place. Won't hurt to do so Now, you use a piece of wire, to hard wire the the two wire ends that would have met in the connector thanks their individual pins. Reality is a the connector is just an adjunct. You could hard wire each wire that the connector deals with. Anyway, easiest approach for you, @TheDirtyDangla is to just hard wire that one and be done with it.

Thanks, I figured this may be a solution but wanted to double check first!

OP
OP
TheDirtyDangla

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque

Tried this. Jeep won’t start. Pulled what I installed but nothing. Going to grab a jump pix but any suggestions?
Sponsored