Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Long, sad story that I will post more on in a later post, but...I have a Mopar 2" lift that I bought and installed on a JLR with the 2.0L 4 cylinder that I am now selling back to Stellantis (again, later post). Of course, Stellantis will not pay me for the mods I put on it. I bought another JLR with the 3.6L 6 cylinder. I want to put the lift kit on the new JLR, but the part numbers for the kit are different for the 2.0 and the 3.6. Anyone know definitely what the difference is? Stronger or longer springs perhaps?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Long, sad story that I will post more on in a later post, but...I have a Mopar 2" lift that I bought and installed on a JLR with the 2.0L 4 cylinder that I am now selling back to Stellantis (again, later post). Of course, Stellantis will not pay me for the mods I put on it. I bought another JLR with the 3.6L 6 cylinder. I want to put the lift kit on the new JLR, but the part numbers for the kit are different for the 2.0 and the 3.6. Anyone know definitely what the difference is? Stronger or longer springs perhaps?
Looks like just the front springs.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2" lift - 2.0 vs 3.6 difference? 93F6494D-4137-41F4-B00F-2624C355D4BB

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It’s due to the difference in weight, but it’s not a big deal, I doubt you’ll notice any difference.

OP
OP
davewald

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
OP
OP
davewald

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
It’s due to the difference in weight, but it’s not a big deal, I doubt you’ll notice any difference.
That's what I'm thinking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
davewald

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Just to close the loop on this. I installed the 2.0L lift on my new 3.6L and the Jeep is sitting totally level. I'm encouraged since the springs and shocks already had about 8,000 miles and some fairly serious wheeling on them, meaning they were thoroughly broken in (I'll post the reasons for buying a new 2.0 and swapping to a 3.6 in the same year in a later and longer post).

OP
OP
davewald

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Re-opening the loop. I have noticed an intermittent but very significant popping sound coming from the front end on take offs and stops. Doesn't happen every time. I've triple checked every bolt and nut on the suspension, front and rear, and have decided it's probably the springs. Looks like the ones for the 3.6 are not only stiffer but also specific to right/left. The replacements are cheap ($26-ish each), so I just ordered a set from MoparOnline. Stay tuned for further updates...

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Re-opening the loop. I have noticed an intermittent but very significant popping sound coming from the front end on take offs and stops. Doesn't happen every time. I've triple checked every bolt and nut on the suspension, front and rear, and have decided it's probably the springs. Looks like the ones for the 3.6 are not only stiffer but also specific to right/left. The replacements are cheap ($26-ish each), so I just ordered a set from MoparOnline. Stay tuned for further updates...
Hey Dave, what ended up happening? Reason I’m asking… I have the option to purchase a Mopar 2 inch lift used but new for a reasonable price. But, it’s for a 3.6L and I have the 2.0L 4banger. Wondering if it will work or if I’m creating a headache for myself…..

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
If anyone else has any advice on whether I can put the 3.6L lift on my 2.0L, I’d appreciate site it. I’ve got a 2019 Rubicon.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Why don't you just replace the front springs with the correct ones?

Sponsored

OP
OP
davewald

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Hey Dave, what ended up happening? Reason I’m asking… I have the option to purchase a Mopar 2 inch lift used but new for a reasonable price. But, it’s for a 3.6L and I have the 2.0L 4banger. Wondering if it will work or if I’m creating a headache for myself…..
The noise wasn't due to the springs, so I didn't really need to swap them out. They were cheap enough that it didn't hurt the wallet to keep the new ones on. Now I have spares.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If anyone else has any advice on whether I can put the 3.6L lift on my 2.0L, I’d appreciate site it. I’ve got a 2019 Rubicon.
I'd assume putting the 3.6 kit on the 2.0T may give you a bit more lift. Other than that probably not much of a difference.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The noise wasn't due to the springs, so I didn't really need to swap them out. They were cheap enough that it didn't hurt the wallet to keep the new ones on. Now I have spares.
What was the cause of the noise?

Curious if you got less lift due to 2.0 springs on a 3.6.

I bet it has a soft, smooth ride.

OP
OP
davewald

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
What was the cause of the noise?

Curious if you got less lift due to 2.0 springs on a 3.6.

I bet it has a soft, smooth ride.
The noise was from the Rockhard front LCA skid plates. They are notorious for making clunking sounds. Didn’t notice any difference in ride quality. The springs look identical next to each other. Just different part numbers.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The noise was from the Rockhard front LCA skid plates. They are notorious for making clunking sounds. Didn’t notice any difference in ride quality. The springs look identical next to each other. Just different part numbers.
Odd that there are different kits if not much difference.
Sponsored