LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Curious what the difference is in the Mopar kits between the 2.0L and the 3.6L? We have a 2.0L and came across a really good deal on a Mopar kit for a 3.6L but don't want to pull the trigger if something is different where it won't work. I'm assuming it has something to do with weight between the two jeeps and spring rates being different but I may be way off...
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Curious what the difference is in the Mopar kits between the 2.0L and the 3.6L? We have a 2.0L and came across a really good deal on a Mopar kit for a 3.6L but don't want to pull the trigger if something is different where it won't work. I'm assuming it has something to do with weight between the two jeeps and spring rates being different but I may be way off...
you are correct, not a huge difference though. There are people who done this and drives just fine.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
FYI: The 2.0 (with eTorque) is heavier, but weight is more evenly distributed because of the battery's location. The 3.6 (without eTorque) has more weight over the front axle due to the motor physically being heavier than the 2.0.

A 2.0 with 3.6 suspension may ride high in the front.

periopnurse

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
FYI: The 2.0 (with eTorque) is heavier, but weight is more evenly distributed because of the battery's location. The 3.6 (without eTorque) has more weight over the front axle due to the motor physically being heavier than the 2.0.

A 2.0 with 3.6 suspension may ride high in the front.
Just curious...... if front of 2.0 would ride high, think it would be enough to take out the front rake to level out the Jeep?

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I'm not sure. My JLR with steel bumpers & no tow package rode high in the front from the factory. A winch brought it down so that it sits level-ish.

I'm not sure the difference would be much, and you could always use a small spacer to level it.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Hey, sorry to spark up an old thread but I’m in the same scenario. Wondering if you ever went through with the purchase? And if you did, how was the ride quality with the 3.6L springs? Was the Jeep too high up front?

Thanks for the help!

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Hey, sorry to spark up an old thread but I’m in the same scenario. Wondering if you ever went through with the purchase? And if you did, how was the ride quality with the 3.6L springs? Was the Jeep too high up front?

Thanks for the help!
I have experience taking my Mopar 2" lift from a 2.0 to a 3.6 (because of this https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-fire-extinguisher-buy-back-insurance.85915/). I had a popping sound on the 3.6 after moving it over, and thought it was the springs, so I spent ~$50 to purchase the 3.6 specific springs. That wasn't the problem. However, I did not notice any changes in ride height or feel between the two sets of springs. Knowing what I know now (tighten *all* of the control arm bolts) I wouldn't have bought the 3.6 specific springs.

Last edited:

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
I have experience taking my Mopar 2.0 lift from a 2.0 to a 3.6 (because of this https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-fire-extinguisher-buy-back-insurance.85915/). I had a popping sound on the 3.6 after moving it over, and thought it was the springs, so I spent ~$50 to purchase the 3.6 specific springs. That wasn't the problem. However, I did not notice any changes in ride height or feel between the two sets of springs. Knowing what I know now (tighten *all* of the control arm bolts) I wouldn't have bought the 3.6 specific springs.
Thanks, Dave! I should not have any issues using 3.6L springs on a 2.0L Jeep then.

Quick question, where did you get both front springs for $50? I’m seeing just one costing $75 on only a couple of sites that offer them. Maybe because im using an old part number from a previous version kit. Curious to know where you got them though!

Thanks,
AP

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Thanks, Dave! I should not have any issues using 3.6L springs on a 2.0L Jeep then.

Quick question, where did you get both front springs for $50? I’m seeing just one costing $75 on only a couple of sites that offer them. Maybe because im using an old part number from a previous version kit. Curious to know where you got them though!

Thanks,
AP
I think I got them from AllMoparParts, but am not sure. Here is the chart with the part numbers.

Springs for jeep.jpeg
Sponsored