Sponsored

Mopar 2" lift 77072396AB vs 77072396AC

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to get this lift for a 2019 JL, 2-door, 3.6 engine, Rubicon. I can't get why there are different part numbers for this kit. Could anyone clarify which one is the one that I need? Is there an older and a newer one or something? Or maybe I got a wrong part number all together? Just want to be sure before i buy it.

Also, would you buy it from Ebay? The prices there are like around $1000, which is almost $500 lesser than from a dealer.

Please help. Thanks!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to get this lift for a 2019 JL, 2-door, 3.6 engine, Rubicon. I can't get why there are different part numbers for this kit. Could anyone clarify which one is the one that I need? Is there an older and a newer one or something? Or maybe I got a wrong part number all together? Just want to be sure before i buy it.

Also, would you buy it from Ebay? The prices there are like around $1000, which is almost $500 lesser than from a dealer.

Please help. Thanks!
I think the AC model number is the newest version. It has the upgraded spring isolators, however I would recommend you get the rock krawler coil isolators, they are definitely worth the 30.00. They’ll take out almost all of the spring bow.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Only difference between AB and AC is spring isolators.

Make certain that the part number is for a 2dr and the engine you have. There are multiple kits.

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Only difference between AB and AC is spring isolators.

Make certain that the part number is for a 2dr and the engine you have. There are multiple kits.
Yeah, both part numbers are for a 2door 3.6. So, the new isolators would correct the bow that many have problems with?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yeah, both part numbers are for a 2door 3.6. So, the new isolators would correct the bow that many have problems with?
The springs are supposed to bow a bit according to FCA. The AC isolators are the newest version. Seems AB were ok as well. AA were leading to a lot of bow.

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The springs are supposed to bow a bit according to FCA. The AC isolators are the newest version. Seems AB were ok as well. AA were leading to a lot of bow.
So it looks like with each iteration they improve the isolators. I am waiting for the 2020 JL and actually saw in one place listing an AD version. Curious what they will fix there....

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that’s the ones, you only need them for the front springs. Here’s how the Mopar springs look with the rk isolators.

75DC1DD8-3E15-4C43-94BB-1FDCAA0C48EC.jpeg
That looks A LOT better than what I saw online for the older (as it seems) Mopars. This is straight like a ruler!

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
And yes, definitely worth it to order off Ebay. Saved a lot of money going that route

Sponsored

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And yes, definitely worth it to order off Ebay. Saved a lot of money going that route
Would you get the warranty on it as well if gotten from Ebay? Curious because this is the main reason I am going with Mopar and not with Teraflex.

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Would you get the warranty on it as well if gotten from Ebay? Curious because this is the main reason I am going with Mopar and not with Teraflex.
I'm in the same boat as you. Came across few ebay postings for $1k and one of the sellers is actually a Jeep dealer 2 hours away from me. It still should come with the warranty given that it's new.

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat as you. Came across few ebay postings for $1k and one of the sellers is actually a Jeep dealer 2 hours away from me. It still should come with the warranty given that it's new.
Hi Chris. Are you referring to the Cortland guy? I was looking at his ebay page and was thinking that he could be a dealer. Do you know for sure about the warranty? I mean, did you get anything from him yet?

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi Chris. Are you referring to the Cortland guy? I was looking at his ebay page and was thinking that he could be a dealer. Do you know for sure about the warranty? I mean, did you get anything from him yet?
Yeah it's in Cortland. I called up Cortland CDJR earlier this week to verify it was them and it is. I haven't bought anything from them yet but plan on buying the lift in person from them. Given that the warranty is from Mopar, there's no reason for it to not be honored by the dealer. Here is their number if you wanted to double check- 607-218-7520

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the newest version, the springs bow still... after I was told they wouldn't (They aren't suppose to, that's stupid) Mine actually touch the bumpstop to the spring, you can hear the metal hit when I go down a parking garage at 10mph. Other than that I love my kit and it works great. I haven't done so yet, but I need to order the rock krawler isolators to resolve the spring issue.
Sponsored