MOLLE bag tailgate setup

Afav436

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
I'm sorry I guess I'm confused so I can't use those straps on my molle bag I have to use the molle bag there or one that it works on ? How could I make that strap work in the molle bag I have now. I'm sorry I don't understand I apologize
You cut the strap off that's on, or tuck it off to the side, thread that through the all the molle on the back of the bag then weave it through the rear tailgate then lock it in. It feels thin and cheap but I use it on my vest holds up extremely well
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You cut the strap off that's on, or tuck it off to the side, thread that through the all the molle on the back of the bag then weave it through the rear tailgate then lock it in. It feels thin and cheap but I use it on my vest holds up extremely well
Okay I'll order some today when I get home this afternoon

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I got a few things from a company called "Tatical Baby Gear"- Their Molle wipe pouch and dump pouch. I figured this was a fitting thing since the whole reason I bought this Jeep was to haul my wife and son around, and maybe do some family off road/ out door adventures as he gets older. Super high quality products, and the tags even have the "proper Molle instructions" that show you how to weave it. It's pretty strong. I got them off amazon but their site is: https://tacticalbabygear.com/

I also removed my broken plastic boxed Medkit for a Funnasun Molle Medkit and stuffed it on the back of the driver seat. I'll be checking out some other bag options in the near future for some of my other stuff (tow strap, tree saver, winch controller, etc) that needs to be secured and out of sight. I didn't even realize this was the point of those slots in the tailgate as they were plastic and didn't think they could hold anything. I'll have to check it out a little closer. Tools are still getting locked into ammo cans and bolted down, though.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I got a few things from a company called "Tatical Baby Gear"- Their Molle wipe pouch and dump pouch. I figured this was a fitting thing since the whole reason I bought this Jeep was to haul my wife and son around, and maybe do some family off road/ out door adventures as he gets older. Super high quality products, and the tags even have the "proper Molle instructions" that show you how to weave it. It's pretty strong. I got them off amazon but their site is: https://tacticalbabygear.com/

I also removed my broken plastic boxed Medkit for a Funnasun Molle Medkit and stuffed it on the back of the driver seat. I'll be checking out some other bag options in the near future for some of my other stuff (tow strap, tree saver, winch controller, etc) that needs to be secured and out of sight. I didn't even realize this was the point of those slots in the tailgate as they were plastic and didn't think they could hold anything. I'll have to check it out a little closer. Tools are still getting locked into ammo cans and bolted down, though.
my daughter is 17 now but man I remember 17 years ago having to carry a girly diaper bag around LOL if I had a baby right now which I'm too old to do that now and start over but if I did I would have that tactical diaper backpack made out of leather in the changing table that's a drop zone that thing is badass that's so rugged-looking and military looking I love it what a great idea I would definitely have one of those today every Dad should have one of those right now that has newborns or babies at home rig
CC3AD382-8B4D-4C19-838F-57D2E6B12F87.jpeg
86C1580E-9904-4E82-B69D-5E680675470B.jpeg
I did the same thing. I had to do a little trimming on the back side.
CC3AD382-8B4D-4C19-838F-57D2E6B12F87.jpeg
86C1580E-9904-4E82-B69D-5E680675470B.jpeg
I did the same thing. I had to do a little trimming on the back side.
So theres no way to put the straps through back of the vent with out cutting the back like that ? if not what did you use to cut those piece off ? please reply back and let me know i want to take mine off instead of just having zip tyes right now. they sag with the zip tyes

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
i had a friend take mine vent door off but and put the zip tyes through for me and put it back on for me because i dint know how to take it off with out breaking it lol so mine sags some with the zip tyes and its not strong. i had 1 zip tye break already. i need to learn how to take t of i guess. i just afraid i will break it lol. you need a tool so it comes off right with out breaking a clip i was told
How come in your photos you didn't have to cut the back of the vents off and other people did and they look to be the same size mollle bags?

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So theres no way to put the straps through back of the vent with out cutting the back like that ? if not what did you use to cut those piece off ? please reply back and let me know i want to take mine off instead of just having zip tyes right now. they sag with the zip tyes[/QUOTE]

You might be able to fish them through without cutting, it will be very difficult and the straps are not long enough to complete the weave. I uses a very sharp razor knife. Once you make deep scores, take a pair of pliers and just snap the piece off. Don’t force it. If it doesn’t want to break just keep scoring it with the razor. Pretty easy to do.

Good luck.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
In one of the pictures the guy I don't know if it was you or not put the straps through without cutting the plastic

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This picture here he did not cut the plastic he got them through I wonder if I can get them through on mine ?

Screenshot_20190117-160709_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This picture here he did not cut the plastic he got them through I wonder if I can get them through on mine ?

Screenshot_20190117-160709_Samsung Internet.jpg
See how the plastics not cut wonder how he got them through ?

KTLucy

First Name
Kimberley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2door Ocean Blue Rubicon & 2014 Mini Cooper Roadster S
See how the plastics not cut wonder how he got them through ?
I’m watching this thread!!! I’m curious too, as I don’t want to break mine :facepalm:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
i had a friend take mine vent door off but and put the zip tyes through for me and put it back on for me because i dint know how to take it off with out breaking it lol so mine sags some with the zip tyes and its not strong. i had 1 zip tye break already. i need to learn how to take t of i guess. i just afraid i will break it lol. you need a tool so it comes off right with out breaking a clip i was told
But did you have to cut any of the plastic on the inside or just pry it through ? i really dont want to have to cut any of the plastic if i dont have to

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It is possible to get them through without cutting. The snaps are tough to get through though. The main issue is you cannot weave because the straps get to short from going around the vent. End result is with out the weaves the bags sag. Just pop off the panel and check it out. It is simple. Good luck.
Sponsored