MOLLE bag tailgate setup

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Did you guys remove this felt pad? If so how does it come off?
Jeep Wrangler JL MOLLE bag tailgate setup BD1B2B2B-23A4-4B33-A7E1-75BCCACDA4E7
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Here's our set up we did about 2 years ago. We k zip ties wire cutters duct tape electrical tape first aid kit the red one and I carry an extra dog collar and dog leash just all kinds of safety thingslike those little flashers that flash if you break down tonight to put down on the road bottom off eBay and they flashed and dark amber color that way you don't get run over with someone hitting you. Too many people get hit when I parked on the side of the road broke down. We chose not to put them on the back of the front seats. I had some and people complained about getting in hitting it them with their knees and less legroom. Those Mopar ones that they were selling that said Jeep on them look like a damn camera bag it was so big lol but true. I refuse to put those ever on there behind the seats where they went they look like a camera bag

Screenshot_20200711-210504_Gallery.jpg

jl_misfit

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Here's our set up we did about 2 years ago. We k zip ties wire cutters duct tape electrical tape first aid kit the red one and I carry an extra dog collar and dog leash just all kinds of safety thingslike those little flashers that flash if you break down tonight to put down on the road bottom off eBay and they flashed and dark amber color that way you don't get run over with someone hitting you. Too many people get hit when I parked on the side of the road broke down. We chose not to put them on the back of the front seats. I had some and people complained about getting in hitting it them with their knees and less legroom. Those Mopar ones that they were selling that said Jeep on them look like a damn camera bag it was so big lol but true. I refuse to put those ever on there behind the seats where they went they look like a camera bag

Jeep Wrangler JL MOLLE bag tailgate setup Screenshot_20200711-210504_Gallery

Good stuff. Personally, I think it’s (maybe a bit overkill but also) wise to put a tourniquet within reach of all passengers, so I did.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Good stuff. Personally, I think it’s (maybe a bit overkill but also) wise to put a tourniquet within reach of all passengers, so I did.
Forgot to mention we have that also they're all full I can assure you but so is the compartment in the cargo floor they're not just for looks completely yes it's cool looking but I can show you every one of them has stuff in them they're not that big and they don't hold that much and I did not want to put a big one considering it's not bolted it's just got the stripes going through the plastic like most people do or a lot of people do.I mean it may look Overkill to some people but there are several people that have five because like I said it doesn't take long to put something in there that's big and fill it up.you can Google on this for molle bags and you'll see lots of people with the same setup I'd rather have five little ones than two big ones

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
This is my first post on this forum. Thank you everyone for the inspiration! I ended up doing this to my 2019 Sport without cutting or modifying the tailgate in any way.

It just took a screwdriver, needle nose pliers, and some patience. All the pouches are extremely secure and can hold weight without issue or sagging. I’m super happy with the way this turned out!

The left pouch is a rip-away first aid kit, the middle holds stuff for my dog (leash, balls, a towel), and the right pouch holds tools, rags, and whatnot.

Let me know what you think!

what brand are your bags can I ask?

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Just figured I would add to this thread for others to get ideas. I ended up using zip ties. It was wicked easy and they r right up against the tailgate.

and the zip tie patterns I used. The 8 zip ties was for the rip away bag. The 4 zip ties was for the other bags. And for those bags I didn’t use the straps. I used the loops that run up and down the front and back of the bags. Gets them right up against the tailgate.
Jeep Wrangler JL MOLLE bag tailgate setup 41212A18-7EBD-456D-8B29-80CD626EBBC2
Jeep Wrangler JL MOLLE bag tailgate setup 2E37A380-22C0-4061-92FC-AB84835C2E4D

Jeep Wrangler JL MOLLE bag tailgate setup 623C7F74-B85A-494B-A082-3DCDA2B224D7
Jeep Wrangler JL MOLLE bag tailgate setup 7E3CF5A2-6CF1-4144-A4DA-487765665737
Jeep Wrangler JL MOLLE bag tailgate setup F796A5BD-AA35-462E-B71D-58B2AB571907

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com