Status
Not open for further replies.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Considering how the Sahara has all the same options available (minus the steel bumper) I would say the KM2s are a selling point of the MOAB. If one didn't want those, a Sahara with the All Terrain (or even HTs) would appeal.

A Jeep for almost any desire I guess. :)
A/T tires are standard on a Rubicon but you can order optional M/T tires as a FREE option. In my opinion, it would make sense to offer a option for Moab buyers also. That would be too easy though. lol.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
A/T tires are standard on a Rubicon but you can order optional M/T tires as a FREE option. In my opinion, it would make sense to offer a option for Moab buyers also. That would be too easy though. lol.
lol well If an AT option on the Moab were KO2 that would make sense, but not if they defaulted to the Goodyear or Bridgestone ATs.

I've driven a Rubi with the Falken MTs and I really liked it. I plan on getting a set for my Sahara once I've gone through my current tires.

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Road noise with the MT's? Hah, our Moab rides like a dream compared to my 06 TJ. (I think I've lost a bit of hearing over time, driving with that TJ and soft top...) :)

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
Prospective first-time Jeep owner here. I've been comparing trim levels for about a month and I'm puzzled by the Moab. I mean, aside from the hood decal and wheel options, it seems like its basically an well-optioned Sahara. Or rather, a Rubicon without the more-extreme off -road bits. Some trim comparison listings don't even seem to recognize the Moab. Why does the Moab exist? What am I missing here?
I prefer Rubicons because that configuration has so many options. But my experience with the "special editions" like the MOAB, Willys, Polar, etc is they are just marketing. If that is the trim you are looking for I feel going with a Sport S is a good move. Then you can add what you need (or want). There are so many parts (tires, wheels, bumpers, etc) on eBay and Craigslist that a little bit of research gets you a dream rig that the special editions can't touch.

DEM

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I bought the MOAB for the wife as she is mainly a city driver.
Very happy with it, did change out the MT’s for All Terrain TA’s and it drives great. The safety features are great and the steel front bumper will allow for a winch at some point. The LED lights are also very good and great for highway driving.
As we stay on the highway and with the taller tires we are quite happy with it.
Also, not to many MOAB’s on the road or in the parking lot. Pretty much all the new ones on the road that I see are Rubicon’s that never leave the highway.
And in a few years if we want it more like the Rubicons capability we can always make those changes.
Each to their own.
When we bought ours we decided comfort over off-road capability.
After having a number of old CJ’s in the past this MOAB is a treat.

Sponsored

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I'm not a MOAB hater or a Rubi owner, but having LSD with MTs does not make it better in snow then a Rubi with ATs. Tires are far more important then LSD.
Which is why I had my dealer add the Rubi KO2's.

JeepWJLNKY

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB
I agree...mostly. The two exceptions to this logic is the lack of engine choice and not being able to get the Advanced safety package which includes the Adaptive Cruise Control (which oddly I do not see available for any model on the Jeep.com build site at this moment).
I just bought a MOAB and had it built at the factory and I ordered it with the advanced safety system. Why don’t you think you can get it in the MOAB? I looked at 5 of them on lots that had the “ASS” in them as well. I ultimately ordered from the factory as I wanted every available option and could not find one equipped with everything. It took roughly 16 days from the date of order and I had it in my garage.

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Prospective first-time Jeep owner here. I've been comparing trim levels for about a month and I'm puzzled by the Moab. I mean, aside from the hood decal and wheel options, it seems like its basically an well-optioned Sahara. Or rather, a Rubicon without the more-extreme off -road bits. Some trim comparison listings don't even seem to recognize the Moab. Why does the Moab exist? What am I missing here?
For me it was
1. Looks, I love the black wheels and hate the Sarah polished wheels.
2. One click for 99% of what I wanted. Only added the trailer tow and cold weather packages.
3. It’s different, not just another Rubi. I think I have the only one in my town.

The noisy tires were the only negative so I swapped them for a set of Rubi takeoffs.

OP
OP
DenaliDan

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I just bought a MOAB and had it built at the factory and I ordered it with the advanced safety system. Why don’t you think you can get it in the MOAB? I looked at 5 of them on lots that had the “ASS” in them as well. I ultimately ordered from the factory as I wanted every available option and could not find one equipped with everything. It took roughly 16 days from the date of order and I had it in my garage.
As someone pointed out for me, I was looking at the 2018 instead of the 2019.

JDub1156

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB
I bought the MOAB over the Rubicon because I couldn’t get past the plastic red dash. Preferred the leather wrap black. Plus it had the things I liked most about the rubicon... the hood, steel bumper, and upgraded shocks and suspension to fit 35 without additional lift. It also had all the things I was upgrading on any model, such as the leather, top audio system, and color match hard top. Primary daily road driver and If I off road it’s trails. Not any rock crawling, so no need for the rubicon lockers or disconnect. Only wish was it had the 410 gears to handle bigger tires easier if I upgrade down the road. To each their own, but that’s why I went with the MOAB. Good luck on your decision!

Sponsored

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
MOAB is just a loaded Sahara with the Rubicon hood, so unless you want every option just order a Sahara with the options you want and add the hood, that is what I did as there are several options I did not need, I then bought the Rubicon hood for $735 plus $300 for paint.
Plus $25 for hood decal

OP
OP
DenaliDan

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I bought the MOAB over the Rubicon because I couldn’t get past the plastic red dash. Preferred the leather wrap black. Plus it had the things I liked most about the rubicon... the hood, steel bumper, and upgraded shocks and suspension to fit 35 without additional lift. It also had all the things I was upgrading on any model, such as the leather, top audio system, and color match hard top. Primary daily road driver and If I off road it’s trails. Not any rock crawling, so no need for the rubicon lockers or disconnect. Only wish was it had the 410 gears to handle bigger tires easier if I upgrade down the road. To each their own, but that’s why I went with the MOAB. Good luck on your decision!
That is matching my logic as well, JDub1156. Spot on! If I lived in a more adventurous part of the country (and I typically wish I did), I'm sure I'd get the Rubi (and change out those dash panels) but I don't so I won't.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I agree...mostly. The two exceptions to this logic is the lack of engine choice and not being able to get the Advanced safety package which includes the Adaptive Cruise Control (which oddly I do not see available for any model on the Jeep.com build site at this moment).
I have a 2019 Moab with adaptive cruise control and advanced safety package. That’s standard on the Moab. It also comes with the Rubicon shocks, steel bumper, Rubie hood and Select Trac. The only option is the tow package. And, i don’t care what anyone thinks about why I purchased a Moab or if the Rubicon is better. I love my Jeep :)

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
That's all that counts buddy! You love your Jeep! Now go out and Wheel!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.