MOAB lighting and LED color temps

itschris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis, Explorer, GIXX 1000R
New member here though I’ve easily read over 200 pages and have 20 or 30 bookmarked... so I feel a bit like I’ve been here for a long time.

I’m looking to get a MOAB in the next few weeks. I might order being there doesn’t seem to be a lot of inventory in the St. Pete/Tampa area of Florida.

Regarding lighting, I can’t seem to figure out for sure if the MOAB comes with the LED lighting group... headlights etc. If so, does anyone know what color temp the lights are. I’ve seen many Jeeps with two, three, even four different color temp lights and it just looks a bit hobbled together like that. Maybe it’s my ocd kicking in but when get some aux lighting, I’d like it all to be the same if I can so it looks more... factory... if you will.

Thanks for all the great info guys, it’s been a huge help so far in pointing me to getting the right model and figuring out what to do with it.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Moab package does include LED Lighting Group according to the order guide.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Just get a rubi with leather and Led packge , you can thank me later via PM....

OP
OP

itschris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see this said here and there but when I configure out the options that matter to me, the MOAB comes in under the Rubi. We don’t have rocks in FL and I’m more just looking for something fun and cool as opposed the sports cars and sedans Uber had. It seems the Rubis are geared more to the harder core traditional keep guys. At least that’s my impression but a few thousand difference doesn’t really matter all that much to me.

I’m certainly no expert and don’t want to restart some tired argument but I’m certainly interested in your reasoning.

OP
OP

itschris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So when I configure all three models I've been looking at (started thinking I'd get the Sahara) it comes out like this:
Sahara: $53,740
MOAB: $53,985
Rubi: $55,690

For the things I'm looking for, it seems the MOAB is a far better deal than the optioning out the Sahara as it has some extra thing that I really like... like the hood for instance and bumpers. The Rubi is more, but I'm not really sure what I'm getting for that extra $ means a whole lot to me. Again, I'm not an expert so if I'm just missing the boat here, let me know.

Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
So when I configure all three models I've been looking at (started thinking I'd get the Sahara) it comes out like this:
Sahara: $53,740
MOAB: $53,985
Rubi: $55,690

For the things I'm looking for, it seems the MOAB is a far better deal than the optioning out the Sahara as it has some extra thing that I really like... like the hood for instance and bumpers. The Rubi is more, but I'm not really sure what I'm getting for that extra $ means a whole lot to me. Again, I'm not an expert so if I'm just missing the boat here, let me know.
Sorry but heres a bit of tough love. Thats stupid talk- for 2k extra $33 a month (60month loan) you get:
Better axles
Lockers
Sway disco
33’s
Taller suspension
Taller fenders
Taller t-case

Someone please explain toe how a MOAB edition is a good buy !?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Sorry but heres a bit of tough love. Thats stupid talk- for 2k extra $33 a month (60month loan) you get:
Better axles
Lockers
Sway disco
33’s
Taller suspension
Taller fenders
Taller t-case

Someone please explain toe how a MOAB edition is a good buy !?
4H Auto, this is the sole reason why I bought a topped out Sahara that cost more than most Rubicons in the first place.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What size tires do you plan on sticking on there OP?

Oh, and to answer your question, yes, it comes with the LED lighting group. The steel front bumper requires it.

OP
OP

itschris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What size tires do you plan on sticking on there OP?

Oh, and to answer your question, yes, it comes with the LED lighting group. The steel front bumper requires it.
Thanks a ton for the reply. So far, just from Jeeps I've seen and pics I've looked at, I keep coming back to the Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70/18. I'm not married to anything...don't even have the Jeep yet, but that's what I'm leaning towards and I've been considering the one lift discussed elsewhere here that does a 1" front/1.5" rear lift... just for a little something. My wife is a peanut at 5' 3" and just wouldn't deal well with a 2.5" lift and 35's like a originally intended.

For lighting, I'm glad that I read good things about the Rigid Side Shooter cubes because I found them on my own and thought they'd be a smart light choice. I need something in back as well... not sure what. I have a 17 foot Hobie kayak and find myself usually getting back late so I'd like to have really good rear light to help with that task. I'm not sure if an LED bar or just cubes would be better. And this is where I get into my LED color temp question. I just don't want to have some lights as pure white, others with bluish tinge, then maybe others with warmer yellow tinge. I've seen that an it just sort of drives me crazy for some reason. I don't want it to look like a 747 coming in for a landing, but obviously smart lighting is a must. This will be my daily driver for awhile but on the occasion I do need lights, I want them to first be effective, then look good second. Practical doesn't really enter the equation which is why I'm really looking forward to the Jeep.

Next will be bumpers and that's just a whole other month of sleepless night trying to make that decision. But all in all, the MOAB is perfect for me because my Sahara build pretty much was fully optioned so it just makes sense I think.

OP
OP

itschris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So... in case anyone was wondering... and it doesn't seem anyone is :) I made a few phone calls and found out that the RIGID D-SS series LED light are rated at 6000K (but are measured to be 5800 to 5900) Unless noted, all of their LED's are the same temp. The LED package on the new JL is rated at 6000K as well so if you're anal about crap like that like I am... there's your answer.
Sponsored