Sponsored

MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Was the CHMSL relocate necessary or cosmetic? I thought you could fit a 35 on there if you adjust the light all the way up. Looks awesome though!
When I moved to 35" on my Rubi... the third-brake light bracket pushed against the hardtop window wiper. I didn't like that. If you have a soft top, it's a non-issue. A positive by-product of moving the light is better visibility. Don't spend the money for OEM... get this one. It's rock solid and great quality. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JKBPYZP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
Mods so far:
JKS 2.5 Lift w/ Fox Shocks
Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer
Borla Touring Exhaust
Mopar Beadlock Wheels w/ simulated beadlock rings powder coated Mojito Green
Toyo Open Country M/T 35 Tires
Mopar 3rd Brake Light Repositioning Kit
Mopar Rear Tire Reinforcement Kit
Satin Black Grill
Short Antenna
Mopar front and rear Grab Handles
IMG_1957(1).jpg
IMG_1943(Edited).jpg
IMG_1941.jpg
IMG_1945(1).jpg
IMG_1951(1).jpg
If you mind me asking..

How is the Borla touring sound?

Been debating on what option to get and don't know how loud the quietest option starts (touring)

Thankw

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
If you mind me asking..

How is the Borla touring sound?

Been debating on what option to get and don't know how loud the quietest option starts (touring)

Thankw
I guess it depends how loud you are looking for; and that varies per person. I was looking for a nice constant hum with a little bit of a growl on acceleration. The Touring is perfect for that. Not so loud that the neighborhood hears you as you drive by, but enough that you hear it more then stock. I actually first got the Borla S-Type, drove around with it for 2 weeks and realized it was WAY too loud for me. At points it seemed like the car was struggling it was so loud. Maybe on a sports car that would sound great, but for me, not on a Jeep. I switched to the Touring and I've been very happy w/ it. It's hard to hear the sounds online; I had watched the YouTube video of all 3 Borlas, Touring, S-Type and Atak, and thought I originally chose the right one. They are all a little louder then the video makes them out to be in my opinion.

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I guess it depends how loud you are looking for; and that varies per person. I was looking for a nice constant hum with a little bit of a growl on acceleration. The Touring is perfect for that. Not so loud that the neighborhood hears you as you drive by, but enough that you hear it more then stock. I actually first got the Borla S-Type, drove around with it for 2 weeks and realized it was WAY too loud for me. At points it seemed like the car was struggling it was so loud. Maybe on a sports car that would sound great, but for me, not on a Jeep. I switched to the Touring and I've been very happy w/ it. It's hard to hear the sounds online; I had watched the YouTube video of all 3 Borlas, Touring, S-Type and Atak, and thought I originally chose the right one. They are all a little louder then the video makes them out to be in my opinion.
I'm really torn. I love the look of the Borla twin pipes, but I really like the sound of the stock exhaust on my 3.6. In fact I've been very pleased with the 3.6 exhaust notes on my previous 3 vehicles, but they all had dual pipes from the factory and I'm a huge fan of that look.

Last edited:

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
Thanks for the clarification

Car before was an F80 M3 no cats and Akra exhaust so I was used to "loud"

Makes sense that its a Jeep and should be more on the conservative side

Thanks again, you summed it up pretty well

Sponsored

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
20" Rims?? WTH? I wish I could fit 16's around my brakes instead the 17's I have...LOL
Lol I won’t be doing much off-roading. It’s my daily commuter. Will be driving it on the beach in the summer once and awhile and in the snow. My buddy owns a repair shop so I got the rims and tires at his cost!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB / Black & Tan
Hello everyone. Long time lurker and this is my 2nd post. New member here from Fayetteville, NC. We just bought our first Jeep and we could not have been more happier and excited to drive our beast home. We purchased a Black & Tan JLU MOAB. Happy to be part of the community. No photos yet. Crummy weather lately. I also would like to thank everyone who shared their experiences on purchasing their Jeeps. I think we got a hell of a deal on ours.

We do have a question though. We noticed last night when installing our child's car seat that we did not have the 2 cup holders directly behind the center hand rest. Obviously the cup holders built into the middle seat is there but... I know this may seem minor but believe it or not, cup holders for our back seat passengers is a huge convenience for our growing family. Do other MOAB owners have their cup holders in the back of their MOABs? Our MOAB will basically be used primarily as our minivan equivalent/mall crawler/family vehicle.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Lol I won’t be doing much off-roading. It’s my daily commuter. Will be driving it on the beach in the summer once and awhile and in the snow. My bubby owns a repair shop so I got the rims and tires at his cost!
What's a "bubby" and can he get other MOAB owners wheels and tires at his cost?? :like:

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Hello everyone. Long time lurker and this is my 2nd post. New member here from Fayetteville, NC. We just bought our first Jeep and we could not have been more happier and excited to drive our beast home. We purchased a Black & Tan JLU MOAB. Happy to be part of the community. No photos yet. Crummy weather lately. I also would like to thank everyone who shared their experiences on purchasing their Jeeps. I think we got a hell of a deal on ours.

We do have a question though. We noticed last night when installing our child's car seat that we did not have the 2 cup holders directly behind the center hand rest. Obviously the cup holders built into the middle seat is there but... I know this may seem minor but believe it or not, cup holders for our back seat passengers is a huge convenience for our growing family. Do other MOAB owners have their cup holders in the back of their MOABs? Our MOAB will basically be used primarily as our minivan equivalent/mall crawler/family vehicle.
Noticed the same thing on my Moab which I picked up on Mar 8th. I'm wondering if the rear cupholders shown at the lower back area of the center console are for the 2-Dr's only as I don't believe they have the 60/40 split rear seat with the center arm rest.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB / Black & Tan
Noticed the same thing on my Moab which I picked up on Mar 8th. I'm wondering if the rear cupholders shown at the lower back area of the center console are for the 2-Dr's only as I don't believe they have the 60/40 split rear seat with the center arm rest.
The Sahara's with a 60/40 split back seat do. When we went to the dealership to purchase a Fully loaded Sahara, we noticed that the MOAB was only 3K more. We went home with the MOAB. However, in our excitement, we did not notice at the time that the cup holders were missing, or bother to ask if that is how the MOABs were configured. I am just assuming they would have them as they are based on the Sahara's interior.
Sponsored