Milestar tires

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150, 2018 JLUR
I had a set of Milestar Patagonia 35s put on our JL on Friday. Went with Fuel Beast 17s as well. So far, we have a couple hundred miles on them and I am quite pleased with them. You get a little of the mud tire noise at highway speed (60mph+), but we also had the doors off, so it may not even be noticeable with them on. We actually got them from the same place Lite Brite did and I spoke with the same gentlemen who did their install. It's definitely early stages for us, but so far I'm not disappointed in the least with the Milestars.
Sponsored

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Good to hear. Please update your review for others every 10,000 miles or so.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Again, if a couple YouTube videos can sell you on a product good luck! I was in the Army for 20 years and spent many hours in the motorpool working on our HMMWVs and heavy armored trucks. They rolled on Goodyear MT/R tires and I've had the pleasure of taking apart split rims and seeing the inside of them. Most of the long-time Jeepers in the groups I've been a part of swear by BFG KMs or some variant of the BFG family. You don't want to be miles from civilization and find out why your tires are so cheap.

There has to be some sort of cost cutting measure to make the Milestar tires and sell them for half the price of most high end off-road tires. There is a good reason Goodyear, BFG, Toyo, Nitto, etc can charge a premium for tires, proven reliability and performance.

ricardo.cantu

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi
I finished putting a set of Patagonia 40s on some kmc beadlocks today. Took it out for its maiden voyage today, got it up to 70 and no noise. They are very quite, no pull. So far, so good. I’ll update after I get some more trails and miles behind them.

34BDF449-9494-4445-BEBC-7A83554E036E.jpeg

796FAC48-2115-49F4-880C-3DC38D58DDF6.jpeg

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
I finished putting a set of Patagonia 40s on some kmc beadlocks today. Took it out for its maiden voyage today, got it up to 70 and no noise. They are very quite, no pull. So far, so good. I’ll update after I get some more trails and miles behind them.

34BDF449-9494-4445-BEBC-7A83554E036E.jpeg

796FAC48-2115-49F4-880C-3DC38D58DDF6.jpeg
Hey there, how do you like the setup now that it's been a few months? I'm thinking of doing the exact same setup as you. That looks GREAT!

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Wow, there are quite a few people in this thread that have no clue what they are talking about...

The Milestar is a great tire. They are as quiet as a BFG KO2 and run just as smooth. The perform well in wet conditions, snow, and ice. They also do well offroad. On top of all of this, they stay balanced.

I haven't experienced anything that I don't like about them on either set that I have run. I also haven't seen one complaint from anyone else who has OWNED them. What we have here are people that know nothing about a product, badmouthing said product...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Good posts^^^ Tireco (parent company of Milestar) has been around since the early 70s and Milestar has been making commercial tires for the trucking industry for a long time. Nankang manufactures Milestars and have a long history of quality dating back to the mid 1900s. Keep in mind Nittos & Falkens were considered low tier tires not too long ago :)
Sponsored