First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine will be an Unlimited, so offset will be the way. Good to know.
Yes unfortunately offset is the only way. We are currently working with rotopax to develop a traction board the same size as the 4 gallon to better cater to our Pak Rax customers. Stay tuned!
Sponsored

4x4inthe6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
I'd appreciate seeing images of the 4 door MaxTrax setup. Ideally, combined with a Rhino Rack Backbone installed. Do the mounts of the tow systems interfere with each other, restrict mounting locations. The Rhino Rack cannot be relocated, can the Trail Rax? Cheers.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'd appreciate seeing images of the 4 door MaxTrax setup. Ideally, combined with a Rhino Rack Backbone installed. Do the mounts of the tow systems interfere with each other, restrict mounting locations. The Rhino Rack cannot be relocated, can the Trail Rax? Cheers.
Maxtrax will need to be offset to the rear of the Jeep to ensure the rear door is able to open. See pictures for reference.

F02704B1-36EA-4A2C-AE99-1352CC37A5EC.png

4x4inthe6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Awesome, thanks. I guess that's an issue with mounting MaxTrax using any option in that location. They are super long. I guess the best option is similar to what's shown. I have a 4 person iKamper RTT which interfears with this setup unfortunetely.

So what and how is it offset? Is it the backing plate? How do you extend the mounting point (with MaxTrax Pins) further back? I'd appreciate seeing images of the recovery boards mounted to the backing plate and how it's offset. Thanks!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Awesome, thanks. I guess that's an issue with mounting MaxTrax using any option in that location. They are super long. I guess the best option is similar to what's shown. I have a 4 person iKamper RTT which interfears with this setup unfortunetely.

So what and how is it offset? Is it the backing plate? How do you extend the mounting point (with MaxTrax Pins) further back? I'd appreciate seeing images of the recovery boards mounted to the backing plate and how it's offset. Thanks!
To offset you would basically off set the mounting of the traction boards to the pak rax and have the rear of the traction boards hang off the end of the Jeep. You will not be able to use the pins but can mount it in other ways like using tie downs or bungie cords. We do not have any images of traction boards mounted but there are customers out there that have done it.

Sponsored

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@TrailRax Picking up my Trailrax from you soon. Do you know if Justin had to modify anything for his Axe / shovel mount and further, do you know what mount that is?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
@TrailRax Picking up my Trailrax from you soon. Do you know if Justin had to modify anything for his Axe / shovel mount and further, do you know what mount that is?
You should not have a problem mounting it to our Pak Rax. Try Equipt1.com they are out of Utah in SLC. The mount is called the K9 shovel and Axe mount. Should be in stock.

Sponsored

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I have used them for water and diesel on my 2020 Rubicon diesel for 2 years. There is no better way to carry extra diesel and water on Jeep Wrangler. I did do my research before I bought them. The only thing I found is that during wheeling in dusty mountains of Colorado dust got under rubber bumpers that are in contact with jeep hardtop. Vibration of the dusty rubber bumper made a 1" round dull imprint on the paint. Now I place piece teflon adhesive tape over the spot where bumper touches the paint. It is no big deal but If I can avoid it i do.

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to post this last month. I got my fuelpax Rotopax mounted on my Trailrax kit. It is important to note that the mounts that come with the fuelpax are different from the rotopax fuel pax (same company, different products) and I had to get 2 additional mounts from Rotopax to make them fit without drilling.

The fuelpax have a mount with hard circle base that mounts into other racks while the fuel pax have standard posts with no base that fit nicely on the Trailrax.

Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System IMG_2086
Sponsored